Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Pret A Manger. Bumping off ones customers doesnt seem to be a long term business strategy for success, but they've gone at it with gusto.

Oh no, not Gusto too?

I don't buy online from any retailer who uses Hermes for parcel delivery.

It's hard to think of who I refuse to use, I tend to go the opposite way. I tend to have preferred companies I use, rather than avoiding individual ones.

U

User6179

Apple, adding Sony to the list and any other company that thinks it is fine not to update software on tech products after a few years.

Apple, adding Sony to the list and any other company that thinks it is fine not to update software on tech products after a few years.

But Apple support their products for longer than pretty much anybody in the industry?

The most recent update is compatible to phones released back in 2013, the latest android version isn't even compatible with a 6 month old phone unless it's a Google Pixel.

Similary the version before released in 2017, was incompatible with several 2016 Samsung phones. Unsure what mobile tech company you use that has software support for longer than Apple?

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Amazonn.
Anything associated with the Murdoch clan.
Daily Mail Obvs. Unless it's to wipe the faeces from my bottom spincter.....

Drago

Legendary Member
The Guardian.

Despite being a commie crushing Trump-O-Phile I did used to enjoy the quality of its reporting, and the wit and insight of its features and editorial. However, with recent political events they've simply descended to to name calling childishness of the very mid-market rivals their traditional readership would normally decry. Its quite sad that this recent "im not getting my own way politically any more, so ill call you all silly names instead" fashion has infected a long standing broadsheet, but its a sign of the times I guess. Might as well get my news from Facebook if thats the game theyre selling these days. So, ive dumped them and wont be buying it again until they grow up.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Autoglass.

One of their franchises screwed up a replacement windscreen on my car and damaged the wiper arms & paintwork too. I didn't find out they hadn't sealed it properly until months later the water ingress had rotted the wiring loom behind the dashboard, costing me nearly £1300 to replace. They ignored recorded delivery letters and offered me a "goodwill gesture" of £50! Their legal team only settled after I initiated court proceedings.

No apology, no admission, no explanation just a cheque in the post. Daffodils.

Cavalol

Guru
Tiscali: they made themselves unusable really, but if they are still going, they shouldn’t be.

Aviva: lying, time wasting illegitimates. Hateful company, utterly despise them.

Iveco: 7 years of misery attempting to drive their truly dreadful products.

DirectLiars insurance. False promises, lie after lie and cost themselves a fortune in the two dealings I had the misfortune to have with them.

Kwik-Fit-Up. Be surprised if an explanation is needed.

Two local bike shops, though both now closed. One (Cheshire Oaks Cycles) tried to flog me more expensive bikes than I told them my budget was for, lied about having stock in (wasted journies) and didn’t even have a tube in when I was stuck.
The other did everything they could to try and sell me a bike that was too small. Kept telling the shop owner it was no good to me but he continued the hard sell . Took me for an idiot which is something I need no help with.

Top Bottom