Any exciting cycling plans for 2020?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Seeing as there was feck all interest in my CCC2C ride thread, I've asked someone who I never in a million years thought would agree to have a crack at the Way of the Roses in summer. He agreed!!! My Dad!!!
He's hoping to retire in July and suggested we try it in August as he wants to build up his stamina first.
Sounds great - have fun!

Hope nothing messes it up for us.
If you will be doing it the usual way (west to east) then please take extra care descending Greenhow Hill to Pateley Bridge! :eek:

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I'm off to Fietsparadijs Limburg with friends: cycling through water, trees and then across borders back to the coast. Maybe this year I'll actually manage to write a trip report :smile:
:laugh: I'm only halfway through writing up last June's 2 weeks, and no hope of writing up the two mini tours, individual audax etc. Too much time spent cycling :whistle:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
My goal is to increase my distance and stamina. This is why I joined Audax UK and plan on riding as many as time (and my wife and kids) will allow. I want to do Calendar and Perms. Maybe a DIY or two once I've read the rules on this.

I'd also like to ride out more with the kids. The wife will ride but only between the months of April and September, on sunny, , no-rain, not-windy days with minimum hills.

Seeing as there was feck all interest in my CCC2C ride thread, I've asked someone who I never in a million years thought would agree to have a crack at the Way of the Roses in summer. He agreed!!! My Dad!!!
He's hoping to retire in July and suggested we try it in August as he wants to build up his stamina first.
That's great! Should be a lot of fun for the two of you!
Have a great time!

albal

Guru
I surprise myself sometimes. Agadir to cherbourg from early march.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
One of my happiest memories was riding some of the Trans Pennine Trail with my Dad who is sadly no longer with us. I wasn't a cyclist at all, whereas he was an ex champion hill climber, cyclo crosser etc. He took it easy and was kind to me. Just three days of riding bikes (me on a hired MTB) and chatting and having a few beers in the evening. I hope you have a similarly enjoyable and memorable ride

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My biggest regret is spending my potentially best 20 cycling years not riding, and not taking my first 10 years back on the bike seriously enough. By the time I got more into it I was already well into my 40s.
Don't be regretful. I spent what was theoretically my peak fitness years as a cyclist. I was rubbish. But of course that could have been due to my bike being rubbish.

Maybe chain smoking roll-ups was a factor too.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Fragrant MrsP has proposed a small adventure for us to do in September, that is to ride from South Oxfordcestershirey to that Disney Land in Paris, where she wants to take part in the RunDisney event ( 5K, 10K and a half marathon, she likes the medals) then ride back. Very much in the early stages of planning, but knowing her it’s likely to happen.

this is now confirmed and booked.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Just realised how out of touch I am with ferry options.

I'm meeting my son to cycle the WW1 trenches in April, staying in Ieper. Just assumed I could get the ferry to Zeebrugge, but apparently not, unless I start from Hull.

Looks like I'll have to use the Harwich - Hoek crossing.

Are there any freight ships going to zeebrugge that take passengers?

Top Bottom