Any one on here been on TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I did some extra-ing work, years ago. I got to be Boudicca in a docu-drama thang. I was in the audience of Crackerjack when I was a Brownie. I was in a Nokia advert for an American company. I appeared in Blue Peter in October 2000.
Which involved the ballet boots?

tom73

Guru
Unlike her uncle Mrs 73 has not been on TV but her handy work has. She was location nurse for a few films and tv dramas. The wardrobe lady once ask her to put a sling on a actor as part of his costume. :smile:

I should add that when she’d finished it looked too good so they had to mess it up a bit to make to look a bit lived in. :laugh:

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
May years ago, I took a 'sickie' off work to go and register for the Bolton Marathon, full of excitement and anticipation. On my return, I was told by several people that I was clearly seen on our local news programme and looked remarkably well despite being too ill to come in to work!

Something very similar happened to my brother and sister in law. They got last minute Wimbledon tickets and pulled a sickie to go. They ended up on centre court behind the umpire and were clearly visible on TV multiple times :whistle::laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I glimpsed myself very recently on a CH4 program about gender. Years ago I was also to be seen on a couple of programs that did stories on human powered veehicles. One was the Open University! The other was a terrible ITV Saturday morning kid's show called 'Number 84' or summat. I wore a jumper my mum had knit me. The following piece about fruit bats was much more interesting. That nobber off of Art Attack was the presenter. All the other presenters hated him.
Number 73 with Sandy Toksvig.

Salar

A fish out of water
Many moons ago I was on Top of the Form, in the audience. I was on TV looking very studious. The BBC sent me a still photograph of this image, the photo was shaped like a TV screen.

In the early 80's during the Cold war period I was the engineer responsible for the strengthening of an underground war time bunker with thick reinforced concrete walls.
Every night CND would come along and stuff rags and rubbish in the formwork.
One day BBC turned up to see this event and started filming muggins wandering around which appeared on the local news, they tried to interview me but I evaded them by hiding in the bunker :smile:

A few years ago I condemmed a local building as it was unsafe, the locals were up in arms, once again, up turns the BBC showing me with a back drop of angry locals.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've been on TV twice.

First time I was attending a conference and unknowingly was filmed signing in. It ended up on the BBC 6 o'clock news.

The second time is still sub-judice.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Just remembered - I'm on the LEL 2017 DVD trailer and film (not sure why!). Damon filmed me as I was checking back in at the finish. Does that count?

No but my mum has. She was on the Graham Norton show about 15 years ago, she and her friend won all the prizes for whatever competition they entered on there

Julia9054

Guru
In the audience for the Oxford Road Show when I was about 16. The thing that I remember most was that the dry ice was a bloke crouched down with a pair of bellows that your granny would use to get the fire going. I assumed it would be far more technical than that.
My lad is on ITV at 11.45 on Christmas Eve. His brass quintet are accompanying Alfie Boe in their carol service.

irw

Quadricyclist
I've just spent the day filming for an advert; whether or not it ends up on TV is questionable :laugh: I'm a development engineer for Bosch Home & Garden and they needed someone capable of using a chainsaw. I was volunteered along with a colleague to be man and wife for the day :laugh: I'm already on the back of the carton for this product for the same reason, they couldn't get a model to look natural with a chainsaw they'd never used so borrowed me for the photoshoot instead :laugh: It's a tiny little thing, low chain speed and battery powered, technically a pruning saw. Great little thing though, plenty of power and easy to use :okay:

Two firsts for me today - first time wearing hairspray, and first time wearing makeup :tongue:

Here I am on the John Lewis website... :laugh:

View attachment 443143

According to the manual, you should be wearing ear protection...! :music:

irw

Quadricyclist
In the audience for the Oxford Road Show when I was about 16. The thing that I remember most was that the dry ice was a bloke crouched down with a pair of bellows that your granny would use to get the fire going. I assumed it would be far more technical than that.
My lad is on ITV at 11.45 on Christmas Eve. His brass quintet are accompanying Alfie Boe in their carol service.

Rather than a pair of bellows, might it have been a Pea Souper machine? When surrounded by a low cloud, it could probably be mistaken for bellows fairly easily!
le-maitre-pea-souper-dry-ice--187-p.jpg

Trickedem

Guru
Along with several thousands I was on the tv when I ran the London Marathon. It was a foggy day, so the helicopter wasn't flying and they had a lot more shots of the runners. I appeared 3 times.

Top Bottom