Any other Yorkshire people on hear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Ask a Texan about their heritage and they'll tell you they're a Texan first and an American second. Yorkshire folk have much the same outlook about their origins. :thumbsup:

And to answer the OP I live just south of Bradford and north of Huddersfield. ^_^
Are you saying all Yorkshire folk are like Lance Armstrong? :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm in Cleckheaton. I know Dewsbury well. :hello:
1/2 hour ride from me!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
:eek: And here's me, living in the Dales and thinking I'm in Yorkshire. Oh well - better do a bit of a rethink then :scratch:
Yes, weird that!

As is eliminating most of West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire ...

As for Leicester ... I have done some research and discovered that it is still in Leicestershire, because they wouldn't allow it into Rutland! :laugh:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Funny, I don't see anywhere south of Halifax, or west of York as being Yorkshire, don't know why really, but I associate Sheffield with Derbyshire and Hull with the wannabee tykes in M'boro. :smile:Leicester is like Chesterfield, nobody knows exactly where it is or what county it's in.
http://www.yorkshireridings.org/news/the-yorkshire-ridings.html
map.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
Todmorden's town hall
todth.jpg

The town hall in Todmorden straddles the River Calder and was situated in both Lancashire and Yorkshire until the county boundary was moved on January 1 1888. Designed by John Gibson of Westminster, this imposing building has a northern end which is semi-circular.

Top Bottom