Any PC gamers around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What card do you have? I have seen some benchmarks using 12 GB+ of vram for FS20...doesn't bode well for my new 10GB card (if and when it turns up!)
MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr (stupid name)
Claims to have 4GB but in reality it's split into banks of 3.5GB and 0.5GB, and the 0.5GB bank is on a much slower bus that tanks performance if it's used. It was the subject of a class action lawsuit.

si_c

Guru
Claims to have 4GB but in reality it's split into banks of 3.5GB and 0.5GB, and the 0.5GB bank is on a much slower bus that tanks performance if it's used. It was the subject of a class action lawsuit.
Definitely worth an upgrade to one with more VRAM. Should be lots of 1080s or 5700xts on the market soon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Titan X will manage it without batting an eyelid, but the CPU might bottleneck it a little. I'm on an i7-4790k and a gtx970. Runs happily at 1080p on medium.

You will need 16GB of RAM though.

Edit: d'oh, snap

My son had the same as you and has just dropped 32gb and a RTX 2070 in and its doubled his VR frame rate. My daughter has the 970 on her new build as she doesn't use the same horsepower games as my son. Her processor is faster (new Ryzen 5)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Same card my son had. Affected all 970s. Jump 2 versions though, so 2070

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Oh yes, i remember all that kerfuffle. I was running two R9 390's in crossfire at that time with no end of grief. Won't go back to AMD cards after that, Big Navi or not.

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
I guess there is always this option if you need to go beserk with VRAM?
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 48 GB, 260W, Dual Slot, PCIe x16

• 490-BFSH_V1.jpg
£11,797.19
Save £2,837.71 (24%)
Includes VAT, free Delivery

Seevio

Guru
Would the Pinarello be any cheaper if it wasn't hovering?

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
RTX3080 no show here, paid the money on thursday, no idea when in stock or when I will get one. Talk about a sellers market, why not just let you pay when physically available. Hmmm, maybe online shops don't update stock in real time, or something craftier is at play?
Anyone else in this boat?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was interesting, and I got 8 minutes into it, but I can't be bothered to watch the rest of it.

It reminded me of overhearing other engineers at work in the past discussing technical problems. Sometimes I would think "Yeah, that makes sense" and sometimes I would think "What on earth are they going on about"! :laugh:

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Dunno? Still not got one yet so no way of knowing what card is like. People are saying months until available, hope not. I have seen RTX 3090's on sale for £1700! Bloody crazy :wacko:

Top Bottom