Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Interesting.

Not quite as big. But I have somewhere to stay in the vicinity.
http://www.nissedal.no/Bedrift/Telemarks-Toeffaste

Edit: And they even have a Danish language side!
The half looks good. Though I have learnt the hard way to mistrust Scandinavian websites that show girls in bikinis "enjoying" a dip in the "bracing" waters, which are, in reality, cold enough to stop an Anglo-Saxon heart.

Almost tempted to give it a go.....

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Horsham parkrun the 93rd.

Pacer week.
Course Reversed.
Yours truly 30 minute pacer.
Yours truly 29:09
Dragged a fair few to sub-30 PB's as a result and I chuckled at my 215/356th place.

Cannot believe how easy running 6:00min/km's has become; you feel like you could run all day.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Set out to do 13.5 but at 17 had to call it a day or risk been late for pre-rugby beverage at the Cabbage Patch.

Some days you are the hammer...

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Did the Black Rock 5 race yesterday. A great fun race starting in Kinghorn and heading out into the Forth at low tide, circling a rock then heading back into town. Madness but I cant wait to do it again next year. Happy with my time of 33.51 for the 6.9k course.

IMG-20160604-WA0002.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not a PB day.
Not an SB day.
Second in age group and slight sunburn.

Not bad for a cph parkrun.

My hottest parkrun ever, which is not something I thought I would ever write in Denmark.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Anyone know of a decent running forum*?

edit - *I'm a bit fed up with cycling and looking at running as "something to do", which is not something I thought I'd ever hear myself say...
I've not found a good one, but where ever you go don't bring up headphones. Or call parkrun a race. Or spell it with a capital P. Or expect to be taken seriously unless you run marathons or ultras.

;)

I've not found a good one, but where ever you go don't bring up headphones. Or call parkrun a race. Or spell it with a capital P. Or expect to be taken seriously unless you run marathons or ultras.

;)
Cheers, I've looked for the past few days and been unable to find one - perhaps trying to find the running equivalent of CycleChat was setting the bar too high...

But there does seem to be a paucity of good webpages for runners.

I'll make sure not to mention any of the above listed topics, and I never expect to be taken seriously at anything.

SWSteve

Guru
Cheers, I've looked for the past few days and been unable to find one - perhaps trying to find the running equivalent of CycleChat was setting the bar too high...

But there does seem to be a paucity of good webpages for runners.

I'll make sure not to mention any of the above listed topics, and I never expect to be taken seriously at anything.

I want a forum for running, so I can ask what I need to do to go from running a 1:33 half, to get to good for age marathon. I guess there are 3 steps
1. train for a marathon
2. Re-assess training
3. Target a 'fast' marathon fr GFA

But how do I learn what a quick marathon is, and which ones should be avoided like the plague

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Had a great parkrun this morning. Nearly didn't bother going but thought I'd better make the effort and managed to drag myself out of bed in time.

Set off with the 27 minute pacer but towards the end of the first lap, starting pulling ahead of her. Soon realised I had a companion, who was obviously pushing hard to keep up. At one point, I started to drop her, so I eased off slightly to let her catch up again, and then a bit further on, I probably would have eased off but felt a sense of responsibility to keep going, so pushed myself that little bit harder. Coming into the final kilometre, we had the 26 minute man within reach, so I upped the pace slightly again to reel him in.

We both crossed the line ahead of him, and although I was over 5 mins down on my own PB, my companion had smashed her PB by over 30 seconds, with her first ever sub-26. I find this almost as satisfying as setting a PB myself!

Stephenite

Membå
I've not found a good one

I think it's quite special - this CycleChat forum. I've not seen another forum quite like it. There's lots of activity and it's, generally, friendly.

I hover a bit in the Triathlon forum of the UK Runners World site. Not too bad. The Runners World US forum has a fair amount of activity and appears fairly interesting.

I've never seen a forum that is as well-presented, or has an equally good design/layout, as CC either.

I have a cunning plan - @Shaun should start a RunChat forum!

Top Bottom