Anybody every went to the airport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Anybody ever went to the airport

and booked on the next available flight somewhere.

Always wanted to do this and feel as me and MrsG have a wee week off coming up it would be an ideal time to do this. Just find a hotel when we get there. Shouldn't be a problem getting accomodation somewhere.

Think the return flight might be an issue though!

bobbyp

I've done it before and ended up spending a pleasant weekend in Copenhagen. Just got them to start listing destinations starting at 'A' until I found one that was interesting. Stumble off the plane, into the tourist office at airport and get a hotel. Easy.

The main problem is its difficult to explain to the people at the counter that you know when you want to go, when you want to come back but not where you want to go.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My Irish pal used to do it. I once took him to Gatwick on the back of my motorbike to catch his flight and when we got inside the terminal he discovered he'd lost his ticket. So he upended his filthy rucsac on the shiny marble floor and tipped out a selection of unspeakable crumpled clothes including a minging damp towel, some swimming trunks and a black rubber snorkel & fins and there at the bottom was his ticket. Got back outside to find my motorbike had been ticketed for parking on double yellows.

papercorn2000

Knew a Dutch guy who took off round the world for a couple of years with nothing but a carrier bag with a change of underwear and his passport.

surfgurl

We didn't quite go to the airport and do this, but we did do it at the travel agents for our honeymoon. We knew my Aunt was giving us money for the honeymoon, but didn't know how much. So on the morning of the wedding while getting ready at my mate's house I opened the envelope Aunty had just given me. £2000.
The day after the wedding we left the hotel and went straight to the travel agents and gave our requirements. Somewhere reasonably hot, anywhere in the world we could sort a visa out without any bother, departing in the next two days. An hour later we were buying holiday clothes for Cuba. two days later we were at the airport.

Top Bottom