Anybody for a South-West Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
Did a forty today all round SW area; Taunton, Langport, Othery, Burrowbridge, Bridgie and so on. Saw seven proper cyclists; I waved at you all but not one of you miseries waved back. Twas much more sociable when I had a Harley :bicycle:

I'd actually like a bit of company in and out; stop for eggs, beanz, bacon etc, two mugs of tea; a wee here and there, some chat some banter; thing is I don't ride a road bike but have got my average up to 14.3mph now, so can motor along quite well ... but prob not well enough for you monster riders. And .... I doubt you want to be seen dead with a plonka pushin 60 on straight bars.xx(

Well, this plonka pushin' 60 has drop bars but can't manage an average that fast. 11mph is a good average for me.

If I hadn't been busy all day I'd have been out in that area . A good tea or coffee stop with cake available (but not the other bits) is the North Curry community coffee shop.

Taunton & area - that's up north, that is! :whistle:

Anyone for a ride in the DEEPISH south west (i.e. South Devon)?

Chuffy and Baggy organised one last autumn/winter and it was most enjoyable.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A good tea or coffee stop with cake available (but not the other bits) is the North Curry community coffee shop.

Oh yes. Soo-perb. *puts on weight just thinking about their fruit cake*

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Excellent; shall take a look. Cannot beat a recommendation, thank you. Prob have to skip the cakes as I am coeliac (gluten/wheat free).
If memory serves me correctly, they do gluten free cakes. I think. I know one of my favourite haunts does. I'm sure it's them.

ATR

I also live in Chudleigh and am looking for people to ride with for training rides and abit of motivation! Rode past a few guys the other day in the town and was wondering where they all came from. (Although there were only about 5 riders, it was still quite a shock to see other people other than me out on a bike!)
I've been off my bike for a while with a few knee problems but am looking to get back to full fitness by next season.
Let me know when your riding!

I ride road aswell as currently building up another mtb which should be ready soon.

BlueDog

Veteran
Taunton & area - that's up north, that is! :whistle:

Anyone for a ride in the DEEPISH south west (i.e. South Devon)?

Nah, I just Google’d it and Taunton's definitively down south - which is a good thing as it'll sound very posh to say "I'm heading south for some winter cycling" :laugh:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
What about a SW version of the the 'making room for Christmas dinner' on Christmas Eve? We could do a loop: Taunton-Chard-Honiton-Wellington-Taunton.

Davidc

Guru
If I threatened to go for a ride on Christmas Eve I'd be assassinated! I went for one on Christmas day afternoon last year though after threatening to have another heart attack if I didn't get some exercise.

I also live in Chudleigh and am looking for people to ride with for training rides and abit of motivation! Rode past a few guys the other day in the town and was wondering where they all came from. (Although there were only about 5 riders, it was still quite a shock to see other people other than me out on a bike!)
I've been off my bike for a while with a few knee problems but am looking to get back to full fitness by next season.
Let me know when your riding!

I ride road aswell as currently building up another mtb which should be ready soon.

Chudleigh rider here too, sent a message but no reply, PM me and plan a get together?

Top Bottom