Anybody for a South-West Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteT

ATR / Tincaman - I'm in Kingsteignton so could meet up with you in Chudleigh for a spin. So long as you remember a) I'm an old-ish git and b) I've only ridden the bike twice in the last 2 weeks due to work commitments - so you'd have to be gentle with me.....(although I do like hills, which is a bonus living round here). Depending how far you wanted to go/how much you wanted to climb, have also got some ideas for routes.

paddy01

Is the proposed date of the 15th heading off from Taunton still happening?

I did the last ride from Taunton (can't believe it was 2 years ago!) and could be up for this one :smile:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
'Fraid I shall be away that weekend, representing all you keen randonneurs in Paris.

Davidc

Guru
How about a Somerset Fools ride on 1st April?

It's a Sunday, the weather might be warmish by then, and the countryside looks nice then as well.

How about a start at Taunton railway station car park, still free on Sundays last time I looked, at 10:00. Ride to the coast over the Brendons - refreshments at Watchet quay - then back by a different route? Should be about 40 miles so roughly 4 hours riding plus half an hour for cakes.

We can always plan something flatter if that's preferred.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My diary's clear ... but if it's gonna be hilly, can it be slow and hilly? :thumbsup: :heat:

[QUOTE 1696286, member: 76"]If I lived in Watchet, I would want to ride away from it as well:whistle:[/quote]

Ouch, thanks Maggot, :thumbsup:.... only lived there couple of years, but it's a nice place, with a good local community. The people are certainly a lot less pretensious than other "posher" places I've lived. Having said that I'm just about to move 3 miles up the coast to Blue Anchor, so perhaps I'm moving back into the arms of the "pretensious-moi crowd", like you find around Cheddar and such places :whistle: .

Davidc

Guru
Does that mean you'll be living in a mobile home? Thought that was all there was at Blue Anchor!

You could always join us at Watchet, ride with us to Taunton and make your way back from there! I'm still waiting to see if I can get 1/4 off, will post a definite yes when I know. (Should be a yes)

Top Bottom