Anyone been watching Torchwood?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru
I haven't watched the earlier series, but have become drawn into the new one. For all his faults, I rather enjoy RTD's production, which I think has been missed since he left Dr Who, even if his stories weren't always the best. But although I'm not particularly squeamish, I had some rather disturbed dreams after last night's episode! :ohmy: (No spoilers...)

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
meh, i'm not that fond of this series, truth be told its boring me to tears...
the production is good but thats about it, the missus watches it but i just can't get drawn into the story.
pete

I don't know why I've been watching it - its a load of c**p. You missed the McGuyver episode on how to make an poison antidote from aircraft hydraulic fluid. You missed the heart string tugging saving my dad/sister is more important than saving the world time fillers. You missed the how to walk in and take a high security server with no-one around or noticing. Ranks for me alongside those dreadful American made for TV disaster movies.

potsy

Rambler
I'm a couple of episodes behind so thanks for no spoilers
thumbsup.png

This series is totally different from the usual ones due it it being made for the American market, it has a much slicker feel to it that I'm not convinced about, but am still enjoying the story.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
We gave it a go but gave up after a bit as we could'nt be arsed with it. I'm sure he's probably a lovely fella in real life, but I just can't stand that gormless grinning American bloke who seems to pop up everywhere these days.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I love Torchwood but then I am also a DR Who fan.

Watched the first episode out of the corner of my eye but then gave up - like Dr Who it seems to have gone too far up itself. These programs were far better when they were crap but they knew they were crap. Now they seem to think they are the dog's and have lost their charm.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Watched the first episode out of the corner of my eye but then gave up - like Dr Who it seems to have gone too far up itself. These programs were far better when they were crap but they knew they were crap. Now they seem to think they are the dog's and have lost their charm.

I disagree but then I have always liked programs many others don't :smile:

Top Bottom