Anyone cancelled due to Covid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Passes bought before the start of April can be delayed/exchanged for another date until the end of 2021 - https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/travel-disruptions/coronavirus-update?ghjk

ÖBB reservations are cancellable with refund, until you print them. After you print them, I forget the situation. DB seem to say they will exchange seat reservations for a voucher for the same value. I didn't get as far as booking anything in Italy before the event at the Italian end of my rail tour was postponed.

At the moment, the stinker for me is Eurostar, who seem not to be refunding any reservations with the outbound after 1 June - reservations that I can no longer use without the Interrail pass which is being postponed. https://www.eurostar.com/rw-en/travel-info/service-information/coronavirus-and-eurostar-service
I was being a bit flippant. We are not actually inter-railing we were supposed to be going on a coach to our town twinning town in Germany and then instead of going back with the coach, we were getting a train to Munich, then to Northern Italy where we were doing a hut to hut walk in the Dolomites, then to Innsbruck for a few days then back to Munich and fly home.
I have spent £187 on train tickets with RailEurope and have no idea whether any are refundable!
The town twinning people have cancelled the trip so I now have half a holiday booked that starts in Munich!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
'New England in the Autumn' holiday of a lifetime for Mrs A_T's big birthday looks very doubtful even at the end of Sept!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I personally don't think we will be travelling internationally for a long time - i.e. not till next year at the earliest. Wouldn't fancy any quarantine/isolating on arriving back. Personally won't be bothering in case there is another 'wave' and travel get's disrupted, and our lovely insurance companies screw us over.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Nothing booked for this year, no loss, however as a sweetener for my daughters I have bought them a new phone each, they thankfully understand that we are not going anywhere this year, next summer, who knows!!!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Just started enquiries with Jet2 re our Turkey holiday in August.
If they play the game right, £120 deposit, we will lose of course, further £700 should be returned .
Will see how it pans out. My wife really doesn't fancy it now, cant say I'm that bothered, if it turns out £120 is lost, no problem at all.

screenman

Legendary Member
If they play the game right, £120 deposit, we will lose of course, further £700 should be returned .
Will see how it pans out. My wife really doesn't fancy it now, cant say I'm that bothered, if it turns out £120 is lost, no problem at all.

Have Jet2 cancelled this early?

Dave7

Legendary Member
@gbb Our holiday was due 10th May with Jet2 via Hays Travel.
I have literally just been notified that our full payment has been refunded and is now back on our cards. That is £120 deposit and £1900 full payment.
Strangely I feel slightly sad about it for several reasons (which I can't quite grasp). We were really looking forward to it and had paid over the top to get exactly the room we wanted, where we wanted. We are both the wrong side of 70, will not be going abroad until this lot has truly died down, so it may not happen again.
Ahh well, Rhyl or Prestatyn are looking good ^_^

Julia9054

Guru
Strangely I feel slightly sad about it
I feel the same. We had splashed out on two holidays spending far more money than we usually do. For various reasons I won't bore you with, we felt we deserved a really good and memorable break. Seeing our bike tour in May definitely cancelled was rather final even though we have known for some weeks that it would not be going ahead

gbb

Legendary Member
A few days later, its almost put to bed, for the better all In all. Cancellation agreed, £120 loss of deposit, all other monies to be refunded to card. Email to confirm cancellation sent.
Better out of it this year methinks, we dont any uncertainties, the loss of 120 is worth it so we can move on now.
This will be our first year in maybe 20 we aren't going abroad. Ah well....

Dave7

Legendary Member
@gbb we feel exactly the same. We now have our £2K refunded. We should have landed in Majorca this morning. We had already agreed, refund or not there is no way we will be going abroad this year.
Next year....who knows

Top Bottom