Anyone doing any diy this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanZac

Can one of you DIY geniuses pop round mine to strip, paint and re-hang the bedroom cupboard doors that I stub my toe on every time I get up for a wee in the night so I can go out cycling and avoid more grief from the Mrs please?

MikeG

Guru
That's magic paint you're planning to use @DanZac. It might just be easier to shut the cupboard door, but if you've got some toe-avoidance paint, by all means carry on.

Tin Pot

Guru
Can one of you DIY geniuses pop round mine to strip, paint and re-hang the bedroom cupboard doors that I stub my toe on every time I get up for a wee in the night so I can go out cycling and avoid more grief from the Mrs please?

Stop sleeping in a cupboard?

How on earth are you stubbing your toe on a cupboard door?

gbb

Legendary Member
A week off this week so...
Monday, our bedroom ceiling painted, 2 coats of duck egg on three walls and woodwork glossed.
Wickets trade Matt white...very good.
BQ Colours duck egg...utter rubbish.
Looked at some Valspar paint, remembered that was rubbish last time I used it.
Went to Wickes and got a can of theirs, much better.

Weds...
Cieling in living room (18ft x11 ft) done.
Woodwork glossed.
Walls are all ok.

Thursday..
Didn't really intend doing any but looked out at a long since broken post on a 4ft trellis type fence to keep the dog off the lawn....enough, picked up a used short post I knew was at my mum's, down to Wickes for some concrete, stripped off the trellis panels, cleaned and repainted them, fit new post and re-erect. Just a nice few hours work, no rush, sun was out.

Today, well this evening, trying to resurrect an abandoned Henry Hoover. Stripped back, motor resistance should be IRO 50 ohms, I'm getting 5 but I may be reading the wrong scale. Don't often do electrics so may take the motor to work for a leccy to check. Further investigation found the mains switch looking like it's fubar'd. Annoying, I used to have one that looked the same but I think I threw it away. Got a spare at work so I'll swap stuff out next week and have another go.

On top of that, mum's hinting she wants one wall painting...which I will gladly do when I get time and now I find out I'm being volounteered to do out my granddaughters first bedroom...which I will also gladly do....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Just got to hang the door on the airing cupboard I've built.
You can build anything with tounge and groove. And a lot of screws...

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
One of the french doors is off its hinges having its bottom repaired. I've also been gouging a rotten section out of an upstairs windowsill and filling it.

Also been fitting mortice-locks and hinge-bolts to various external doors.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got the first beam into the pair of joist hangers, with 5mm to spare at each end. It's good for a uniformly distributed load of at least 1.3 tonnes over a 4.5 metre span. The beam weighed 50 kg but it was surprisingly easy, even without another pair of hands.

I've been celebrating ever since.:smile:

Top Bottom