Anyone doing any diy this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Humph. I need to paint it, it would seem.
Toolstation do a self-priming satin white paint. Could be the way to go...

Do you need to use knotting solution first. Otherwise you will forever have what looks like coffee stains on your cupboard doors.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
It's only an airing cupboard, and it's on the upstairs landing. TBH, it's made if knotty pine, I'd have to paint the whole thing in knotting solution!

Jason

Spent 40 minutes trying to drill porcelain tiles in the bathroom , in that time I managed about 10% of the first hole!!!!!
Phone out, screwfix.com, diamond tipped drill at £18.60 :cry: ordered.
In car, drive 3 miles, collected
4 holes drilled in 5 minutes. Many many many browny points banked with Mrs Bourne.

Lesson of the day is use the right tool for the job :notworthy:

screenman

Legendary Member
It's only an airing cupboard, and it's on the upstairs landing. TBH, it's made if knotty pine, I'd have to paint the whole thing in knotting solution!

That sap makes a mess of anything it touches,the heat from the cupboard will make it nice and runny.

screenman

Legendary Member
Can't see any sap / resin at all. I have had the wood a few years. Maybe it's spruce rather than pine?

In that case you are very lucky.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Actually got round to installing this last night:

upload_2017-12-3_11-30-58.png

Plugs in the back of the amp, then I can play music from my phone thru' the hifi. It's so cool! A friend sent me a file of a recording he'd made with his band, via Telegram, and moments later I was listening to it in glowing stereo. (Forgive me, but at 56 I'm easily impressed by modern technology.)

Not DIY? Well, I plugged it in all on my own. And I read the operating instructions.

D

Deleted member 26715

For the 37th weekend running I'm continuing finishing the new extension, the boiler move, the backed bedroom & the landing, once finished if anyone mentions DIY in the next 6 months there will be an eruption bigger than Mount Etna.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just changed the oil & filter on my Doblo and done a basic service.
Fiat wanted £240 ,it cost me £30 and an hour of my time

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Actually got round to installing this last night:

View attachment 385794

Plugs in the back of the amp, then I can play music from my phone thru' the hifi. It's so cool! A friend sent me a file of a recording he'd made with his band, via Telegram, and moments later I was listening to it in glowing stereo. (Forgive me, but at 56 I'm easily impressed by modern technology.)

Not DIY? Well, I plugged it in all on my own. And I read the operating instructions.
Have you tried transmitting with it? I'm after something to plug into my hi-fi amp so i can send whatever goes through the amp to bluetooth speakers in other rooms.

Top Bottom