Anyone doing any diy this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
This year I've ripped out the WC tiled/ sorted out floor and ceiling and fitted new toilet.

Tiled the kitchen floor which was a mile out of level, decided to level as I went and ended up hand mixing 200+kg of tile adhesive. I can laught about it now..

Next on the list was sorting the living room floor, some nice QuickStep laminate made that a nice easy job!.

Sorted out the bathroom, new shower screen/ made a bath panel and lots of painting. Fitted a Byretech Ultraseal around the bath too, excellent bit of kit!.

So at this point I'm all DIY'd out for this year and not lifting a finger this winter.

20170521_124556.jpg

20170529_214225.jpg

20170605_182300.jpg

20170813_132951.jpg

20170824_142338.jpg

20170824_225018.jpg

20170817_083825.jpg

20170828_155049.jpg
20170828_190900.jpg
20170828_213834.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

So at this point I'm all DIY'd out for this year
I so know this feeling

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Have you tried transmitting with it? I'm after something to plug into my hi-fi amp so i can send whatever goes through the amp to bluetooth speakers in other rooms.
I haven't, but TBH I have little doubt it would work. Having said which, it claims a range of 10 metres, and my guess would be that that's 'under ideal conditions' - ie, direct line of sight, no walls. Whether it would reach other rooms I really don't know. Then again, for eight squids I'd think it might be worth a punt.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I haven't, but TBH I have little doubt it would work. Having said which, it claims a range of 10 metres, and my guess would be that that's 'under ideal conditions' - ie, direct line of sight, no walls. Whether it would reach other rooms I really don't know. Then again, for eight squids I'd think it might be worth a punt.
I've been looking at Bluetooth transmitters on Amazon, the one and two star reviews claim they're crap... the four and five star reviews i suspect are fake.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've been looking at Bluetooth transmitters on Amazon, the one and two star reviews claim they're crap... the four and five star reviews i suspect are fake.
I treat feedback with caution if there's only 23 reviews, but with 1000+ skullduggery seems unlikely, to me at least.

U

User6179

I treat feedback with caution if there's only 23 reviews, but with 1000+ skullduggery seems unlikely, to me at least.

The seller can swap out one product for another product , you will only notice though if reviews mention features that the current product does not have.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Spent 40 minutes trying to drill porcelain tiles in the bathroom , in that time I managed about 10% of the first hole!!!!!
Phone out, screwfix.com, diamond tipped drill at £18.60 :cry: ordered.
In car, drive 3 miles, collected
4 holes drilled in 5 minutes. Many many many browny points banked with Mrs Bourne.

Lesson of the day is use the right tool for the job :notworthy:

Best for the job, branded (I use DeWalt for the tip) SDS drill bits. Use them NOT on hammer and they are the dogs do-dah's, not to mention a fraction of the price.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
No but i did some last weekend... a small set of shelves for my kitchen. No nails, no screws, just really neat joints and glue. Slipped with the router and took a chunk out of one shelf, which meant having the plane the sides down half an inch so i could plane off the damage... as a result, a fairly mundane set of shelves now has a very long gentle curve to the front of the shelves. It's barely detectable but does soften it quite nicely.

keithmac

Guru
Finished boarding the loft out last week, sorted garden out this morning then mounted my lads TV on the wall this afternoon.

Got some decorating to do in the living room but keep putting it off!.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
In an effort to NOT do any more DIY as a result of rat damage to the out buildings and chicken coop, I embarked on some pest control.

Apparently the whole country has seen infestations larger than usual. I went to Mole Valley Farmers last weekend and the pest control shelves were stripped bare. My traditional traps were not keeping up and my cockerel chases the local cats away so I have had to resort to baiting the vermin. After 3 days the activity is much lower, the chicken feed is lasting longer and the bait is being lifted. The smell of ammonia from all the rat urine has gone too. Onwards and upwards.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning the gutters all round the house. They were installed by a previous owner, and some have not got the correct slope to them, so they pool water and dirt, which turns into a hydroponic garden if left untended.
I bought a pump attachment powered from my electric drill, which make draining the water easier than the siphon that I used previously....

Then I had to uproot a couple of tatty shrubs from the front garden, take them and the rest of the garden waste to the tip, and on the way back buy a bag of pea gravel to spread on the border where the shrubs no longer stand.

Top Bottom