Anyone doing any diy this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I mentioned to my Dad earlier this week that i was full of a cold and had bashed my ribs, which means every time i cough, it hurts like hell.
Dad's reply; I'll come and pick you up, i need to buy six bags of gravel which you'll be lifting into the car, out of the car and then spreading on the front garden, oh, and the driveway needs cleaning... and can you cement that capping stone back on the gatepost? Thanks son. :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
supposed to be painting the kitchen floor, not looking forward to it.

Tin Pot

Guru
I hope everyone got their jobs done :laugh:

I'm proud of the erection I achieved:

IMG_9393.JPG
IMG_9394.JPG

MikeG

Guru
Nice erection!

I'm going to be using half a dozen bulk bags from builders merchants for storing my leaves this winter, as an experiment.

postman

Legendary Member
Saturday morning to come.Silicone the shower tray.Small job.Mind you knowing my luck i will put my foot through one of the doors.Stand up bang my head on the shower valve flood the room crash the ceiling and flood downstairs.So i might go out instead.

screenman

Legendary Member
In the process of putting a new kitchen in our youngest son's house. Much as I love my DIL I think the Belfast sink was not a good idea for the fitter, who is me.

screenman

Legendary Member
Saturday morning to come.Silicone the shower tray.Small job.Mind you knowing my luck i will put my foot through one of the doors.Stand up bang my head on the shower valve flood the room crash the ceiling and flood downstairs.So i might go out instead.

Use a quality sealer, some cheap ones are not as waterproof as they should be.

Jason

Replacing inline step down transformer and halogen lights for GU10 led versions. Pig of a job as the plasterboard keeps breaking and so repair/paint is required.
I figured half a days worth of work and a bike ride would be my plan ..... WRONG!

I had a piece of ceiling fall down in the front room. It is old plaster and lath. The solutions are
1. Restore with plaster
2. remove whole ceilling and fix modern ceiling boards
3. Shape a patch out of board and fit into place.

On Sunday I did 3, seeing how it was the least disruptive and cheapest option. I used some Marmox Multiboard 20mm thick insulating board that I had kicking around. It is really easy to cut and shape and very lightweight, recommend it for internal insulation of bathrooms etc.
I had to cut away a few lathes that were warped but it all fitted well and screwed into place without a problem. Next weekend I will plaster the small gap and skim the surface.

toffee

Guru
DIY this end is to replace the heater control in eldest daughters car.
It's nearly worth the fee to pay a garage to do it instead.

MikeG

Guru
I had a piece of ceiling fall down in the front room. It is old plaster and lath. The solutions are
1. Restore with plaster
2. remove whole ceilling and fix modern ceiling boards
3. Shape a patch out of board and fit into place.

or 4. Screw plasterboard over the existing ceiling. This not only is a much, much quicker and cleaner job than 2. , but it also preserves the historic fabric of the building. Obviously you need to screw through into the existing joists, and not just into the laths.

Top Bottom