Anyone else on Vista?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Everyone i know,say how awkward vista can be,and wish they stuck with xp,some have reverted back to xp too,so ill stick with xp as well i think,until vista is more sorted.

yup, xp sp2 is the best windows OS so far. vista sucks cocks.

davidwalton

Carwash said:
Please stop saying 'MAC' when you mean 'Mac'. It's not an acronym. In a computing context, 'MAC' is something entirely different, and there's no need to confuse the issue.

1st result in Google searching for MAC provided access to Apple site, so it is recognised as used, thanks:tongue:

If you require me to be exact, I have a dual G4 Apple PowerMac with 2Gb RAM, 80Gb H/Disk, 20" Apple wide screen Monitor. However, I think I will just continue calling it my MAC:biggrin::biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Carwash said:
Please stop saying 'MAC' when you mean 'Mac'. It's not an acronym. In a computing context, 'MAC' is something entirely different, and there's no need to confuse the issue.

-----

Of the PC partisans here, I wonder how many have used a Mac in the last, ooh, let's be generous, 5 years? Most Mac users experience Windows reasonably frequently due to its ubiquity, but Macs are less common, so you'd probably have to go out of your way. I just wonder if the opinions expressed here are based on actual comparison or not. I'm prepared to be surprised!

indeed, am i the only person these days that calls them macintoshes?

most people who knock them have only old prejudges about then, with an arguement as valid if i was to say "campag must be rubbish. i've never ridden it, but loads more bikes have shimano, so it must be best. campag owners just have it to show off and aren't proper cyclists". yep, an opinion born of uninformed bollocks. :biggrin:

davidwalton

Nah, you're just wrong.

Do you have one of those sock things for your ipod?

I don't have an IPod. I don't believe in using such things while on the bike, and I can not see any other time I might use one.

davidwalton

alecstilleyedye said:
indeed, am i the only person these days that calls them macintoshes?

They stopped making them some years ago. Nearest now is the PowerMAC;)

Carwash

Señor Member
davidwalton said:
They stopped making them some years ago. Nearest now is the PowerMAC;)

What year are you posting from? They don't make PowerMacs anymore either! (It's now the Mac Pro)

davidwalton

Carwash said:
Weak-minded fool! Google is case-insensitive! :biggrin:

If I choose to write it as MAC, and all understand, there is no harm, and definitely no teachers required.

The other MAC also requires another word to complete it, ie. MAC address, so there is also no confusion, just you trying to be that teacher.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
davidwalton said:
If I choose to write it as MAC, and all understand, there is no harm, and definitely no teachers required.

The other MAC also requires another word to complete it, ie. MAC address, so there is also no confusion, just you trying to be that teacher.

all caps? one is one too many…

davidwalton

That's not recognition as used, it's a recognition that you're not the only one to get it wrong. Apple MAK will get you there as well.

It's just the organisation's recognition that fashion victims aren't very clever, and that if they can grab hold of this person then that's an easy sale;)

Can't be all wrong as my MAC works fine, and I expect it to continue.

davidwalton

OK, anyone wanting to run a PC with Windows and use MS Software on it must be daft and with more money than any MAC user will ever need over a period of 5 to 10 years. That, or they got it all free through work.

PC market place is cut throat, and with MS providing the manufacturers with labels to say what is being made is suitable when it isn't (Legal cases are being heard currently about this), I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to trust that their generally unsuitable amount of money will get them anything other than a bottom of the pile machine that is likely to have problems, especially if expecting to run Vista.

Top Bottom