Anyone getting the Aston Martin 77 one bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I have to admit that I do rather like the Cygnet. I guess the value is about whether you consider it to be an Aston interior for £30k or Toyota mechanicals for £30k.

Or buy the Toyota with an interior the same minus the bling and with the same mechanicals for £10k.

Or better still buy the new Peugeot 208 for £10k!

(sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Norm

Or better still buy the new Peugeot 208 for £10k!
I don't quite understand that. I've never seen the words 'better' and 'Peugeot' in the same sentence. :giggle:

I think the AM bicycle may be aimed at people other than those who contribute to these forums.

Oddly, I think of people who'd spend £25k on a bicycle much as I do about people who spend £5k on one but not use it in elite competition. It is a matter of degree rather than an absolute.

There are many people out there who'd think me, a comfortably built middle-aged man, mad to have spent £1k on my road bike.

They'd be quite right. I'm just as fast on my ancient 14-speed steel bike.

As to the Aston Martin Cygnet, it is reminiscent of the Radford Minis and similar cars; bespoke finish on a mass-market product. I think the Cygnet less alluring than anything Radford did, but the concept is similar.

I am right, of course. If you think I am not, you are wrong.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I don't quite understand that. I've never seen the words 'better' and 'Peugeot' in the same sentence. :giggle:

Ouch! They have improved massively with the 508, RCZ, 3008 and now the 208, they were always fun, now they have added quality too! CC discounts if anyone wants one?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
If you have the money and its something that you desire then why not, If I had the money I would have no trouble buying a Lamborghini even though I doubt I could do more than 30MPH in it due to the fact I live in London. You can't take it with you why not spend money on the things which make you smile.

Norm

Ouch! They have improved massively with the 508, RCZ, 3008 and now the 208, they were always fun, now they have added quality too! CC discounts if anyone wants one?
I'll allow you the RCZ but, IIRC, the 3008 just got the wooden spoon in the Which? Annual Reliability Survey and Peugeot as a whole were near the bottom of the pile.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I'll allow you the RCZ but, IIRC, the 3008 just got the wooden spoon in the Which? Annual Reliability Survey and Peugeot as a whole were near the bottom of the pile.

Really? I can't find the 2012 result anywhere. They got it in 2010 for the 307 and 207 but the 3008 has been very reliable. Maybe the egc gearbox has caused issues, buyers just don't get it due to poor salesmen misselling it.

Norm

Really? I can't find the 2012 result anywhere. They got it in 2010 for the 307 and 207 but the 3008 has been very reliable. Maybe the egc gearbox has caused issues, buyers just don't get it due to poor salesmen misselling it.
The magazine only arrived earlier this week and I don't have much interest in Peugeots, I'm afraid, so I didn't read it too deeply, just spotted that the 3008 didn't fare too well, along with most of the products of Jaguar Land Rover.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The name just doesn't go with a bike.:thumbsdown:

Looks horrible, I hate the front end, appears to be stuck on as an afterthought. It's also not even especially innovative as the b*ggers have stolen the split seat tube off my Mecacycle!

I can just imagine some nerk with more money than sense ramming it into the back of lorry while trying to work out what all the stuff on the computer screen actually means.

Gordon

screenman

Legendary Member
It will be bought by people with far more sense than many on here, otherwise they would not be able to afford it.

How much you spend on toys is all relative to how much money you have, not many muppets get to earn proper money.

snorri

Legendary Member
A bit embarrassing running a bicycle carrying a car manufacturers name, unless they were giving them out as freebies in appreciation for carrying the advertising.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
It will be bought by people with far more sense than many on here, otherwise they would not be able to afford it.

How much you spend on toys is all relative to how much money you have, not many muppets get to earn proper money.

But if you weren't a muppet, you would see that this isn't a very good bike when bikes which cost less than ten percent of this have the same spec and are considerably lighter.

You can't keep it as investment due to depreciation. Someone who has that type of money those wise investment or hard work, probably wouldn't buy this bike.

A lottery winner or Lord Arsington fart just might.

Top Bottom