Anyone getting the Aston Martin 77 one bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No mate, just explaining smokin joes post, he was taking the Mickey by asking what a robin reliant was (because you had them the wrong way round) but you totally missed that and posted pics. Just helping out! :-)

Yes i did miss it.:blush: Anyway, we always called them Robin Reliants when we were kids and to be honest, without giving them much thought since then, that's what i thought they were called.:thumbsup:

Norm

Before the mickey taking goes too far, many people referred to (and still refer to) them as Robin Reliant, whether it was right or not. Several cars of that era were colloquially named that way, I think of E-Type Jag as easily as I do Jaguar E-Type and very few will talk about the Rover Land or Rover Range.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Before the mickey taking goes too far, many people referred to (and still refer to) them as Robin Reliant, whether it was right or not. Several cars of that era were colloquially named that way, I think of E-Type Jag as easily as I do Jaguar E-Type and very few will talk about the Rover Land or Rover Range.

Phew thanks Norm, i'm glad i'm not alone in my version of the name!:thumbsup:

Linford

I remember when we were children there was a bloke who had a Robin Reliant, or "plastic rockets" as they were fondly called. He only went and put loads of NASA/Apollo 13 stickers all over the thing. I suppose he was happy in his own little world thinking that he was Neil Armstrong. Well now whoever buys this 25 grand bike can pretend that they're James Bond!!!:laugh:

Oops!,i'll just swap that Apollo 13 for an 11.The one Neil Armstrong travelled in.
We used to call them plastic pigs back in the day. Then there was the bond bug.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think i've found a buyer http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/david-beckham-is-not.107126/page-3 for the totally overated, overpriced object!:rolleyes: He qualifies...loads of money to waste.....not much up top...and likes to pose!!

Top Bottom