Anyone use a Firestick thingy to get all their sports and films etc ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you mean from your phone to TV ? I can cast anything playing on my phone to TV its just casting the screen, how do they stop you doing this?

No idea how they do it technically, but they do. It doesn’t work! Same with Sky Go, can’t be cast

AndyRM

XOXO
Is it really??? How do you work that out…….casing point.

wales are playing ireland in the 6 nations soon….its £100 a ticket, family want to take their kids, your spending over £400 just to watch one game of rugby

This is a resale sight for tickets

View attachment 675901
now if we are talking football, even local games your talking £100 for the day out, thats ticket, food and transport……

and before we talk about your area, i dont live there, i live in rural south wales….40miles to cardiff, 55 swansea and 35 to newport, wrexham forget it.

Yeah, very good. The 6 Nations and local football are totally equivalent.

And using a resale site to boot?

40 miles to Cardiff would cost you about £15 in fuel. A ticket is £16. Hot dog and a beer, maybe £10.

Sheesh, I'm glad you're not a financial advisor.

I use a firestick 4k which I think I paid about £19 from QVC at the end of last year. Before that I used a standalone android box. I have a free vpn installed 'proton' and kodi plus various addons....cough. I also use smartube next which is a youtube app that blocks all ads and also skips the sponsorship bit at the beginning of many youtube videos. It isn't such a reliable service as official streaming apps but it works best for latest releases which have a lot of streaming locations, for older programs and movies its less reliable and streams aren't always available. However such movies and programs are often available on free streaming apps with adverts. A vpn allows you to use streaming apps meant for other countries so you can stream from apps meant for the USA. I have to say I watch very little content though. A movie perhaps once a month, and episodes of tv programs perhaps 10-20 over a month but I do watch a lot of youtube content while using my exercise bike.

Strangely I don't have a tv license yet never watch illegal streams of BBC programs but then I'm a science fiction fan and don't like modern Dr Who so there is nothing for me on there.

I do occasionally watch itv programs via their app but only via catchup as I'm not allowed to watch itv live.

I should add I visit my mother regularly who lives nearby and watch live tv there and she also has a kodi setup which I setup for her.

I don't actually know anyone personally who subscribes to Netflix, Paramount, Disney or Amazon prime. I should add I sometimes exceed the speed limit at times in my car and I go out in low light on a bicycle without reflectors on my pedals and I'm sure commit many other minor offences.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yeah, very good. The 6 Nations and local football are totally equivalent.

And using a resale site to boot?

40 miles to Cardiff would cost you about £15 in fuel. A ticket is £16. Hot dog and a beer, maybe £10.

Sheesh, I'm glad you're not a financial advisor.

Thats for one person fella……£41 each, for one game

and a hotdog and a beer, for a tenner, what year you living in 1990 lol

also the resale site was shown as the games are all sold out at £100 a pop, therefore to go now, you would need to buy from a resale site and thats for 1 ticket.

Saying local football is cheap is nonesense in my eyes, grass roots football yes, professional football no way….and i wouldnt watch cardiff if my life depended on it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thats for one person fella……£41 each, for one game

and a hotdog and a beer, for a tenner, what year you living in 1990 lol

also the resale site was shown as the games are all sold out at £100 a pop, therefore to go now, you would need to buy from a resale site and thats for 1 ticket.

Saying local football is cheap is nonesense in my eyes, grass roots football yes, professional football no way….and i wouldnt watch cardiff if my life depended on it.

Local football is cheap. It's just a fact. But when you live nowhere near the team you support I can see why your opinion would.

jowwy

Local football is cheap. It's just a fact. But when you live nowhere near the team you support I can see why your opinion would.

Your own post proved its not a fact. £41 a game is not cheap and thats for 1 game.

i can pay £26 for sky and watch 4 games in a day…..over 20 games a month.

Also you live nowhere near killie, so how can you say its cheap, to go from newcastle to killie to watch a game…..its ridiculous

AndyRM

XOXO
Your own post proved its not a fact. £41 a game is not cheap and thats for 1 game.

i can pay £26 for sky and watch 4 games in a day…..over 20 games a month.

Also you live nowhere near killie, so how can you say its cheap, to go from newcastle to killie to watch a game…..its ridiculous

£30 on the train or a tenner for fuel for a pal who also travels up is pretty cheap in my mind. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like unfortunately.

Sure, some clubs rinse their fans, but if you budget accordingly (assuming football is a priority) it's really not as expensive as you're trying to make out for whatever reason.

jowwy

£30 on the train or a tenner for fuel for a pal who also travels up is pretty cheap in my mind. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like unfortunately.

Sure, some clubs rinse their fans, but if you budget accordingly (assuming football is a priority) it's really not as expensive as you're trying to make out for whatever reason.

No, football is not a priority and never will be, for most its a luxury. ( and before you post the usual, yes i can afford it, but no, i'm still not paying it)

It was you that posted the £41 cost to watch a football match ( without parking charges may i add ).....again, thats nearly 2mths worth of sky payments for 40 matches plus all the other sports you can watch.

Surely you get that andy??? and again its for 1 person, what if your kids wanted to come or the Mrs, is it cheap then??

jowwy

Any way back to the OP, there are many people with firesticks and streaming services...i know you asked about the football and not prime, netflix, or other prime streaming services.

Do your research and you will find a supplier, legal or illegal thats your choice to make, but not everyone, even the people here are saints.

november4

I'll get one for the new f1 season, used a free link for years but it finally stopped working

We pay for a few services

AndyRM

XOXO
No, football is not a priority and never will be, for most its a luxury. ( and before you post the usual, yes i can afford it, but no, i'm still not paying it)

It was you that posted the £41 cost to watch a football match ( without parking charges may i add ).....again, thats nearly 2mths worth of sky payments for 40 matches plus all the other sports you can watch.

Surely you get that andy??? and again its for 1 person, what if your kids wanted to come or the Mrs, is it cheap then??

£41 for a day out enjoying a game supporting my team? That's cheap in my book, and I'm actually supporting the club rather than some corporate entity.

My children have no interest in football, a partner does but we haven't had the opportunity to go to a game together yet.

It doesn't really matter, your opinion is different and that's absolutely fine.

jowwy

£41 for a day out enjoying a game supporting my team? That's cheap in my book, and I'm actually supporting the club rather than some corporate entity.

My children have no interest in football, a partner does but we haven't had the opportunity to go to a game together yet.

It doesn't really matter, your opinion is different and that's absolutely fine.

but other families may take their children...so not cheap in their book.

I'm sure the owner of killie is thanking you for the one off yearly donation into the club. LOL

Again, no need to reply....Back to the OP

ExBrit

Über Member
I'd make sure you're hid behind a VPN that's installed on your router.

The major content providers know the IP addresses of the major VPN servers. I use NordVPN and it doesn't fool the BBC at all. Even though I use Nord VPN's UK server, the BBC will not stream content to me. I also cannot fool GCN+.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Do you mean from your phone to TV ? I can cast anything playing on my phone to TV its just casting the screen, how do they stop you doing this

It depends on the OS and the app, some apps will detect when any kind of screen capturing is going on and just won't work, for example, some banking apps will block that functionality or will simply not let you log in until the screen sharing is stopped for obvious security reasons.

Alex321

Veteran
So why are EE saying its £25

View attachment 675902

You might note - it says "If you have purchased a Full Works plan with iphone between 16 October 2020 and 15 January 2021, the BT Sport app is included in your plan"

Even outside that, you get "inclusive extras", and it also says "If you're on one of our Smart or Full Works plans you'll be able to select BT Sport mobile as an Inclusive Extra".

So presumably, he fits in one of those groups.

Top Bottom