Anyone use a Firestick thingy to get all their sports and films etc ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Watching streamed tv on a firestick isnt illegal…..providing stream for firesticks is illegal.

jowwy

Don’t know if you can access Sky sports etc via a Firestick? Can you? If not, You may want to look at NowTV membership or even Sky?
Have you tried to negotiate a deal with virgin if out of contract?
Yes you can

jowwy

No idea what a Gizmo is.
New Smart TVs have all the apps built in. So you only need to pay virgin for the internet. Subscribe to whatever streaming services you want.

Skysports apps not available on smart tvs…..

vickster

Legendary Member
You have to pay extra for that content……..

I never said you don’t have to. You however said there’s almost no content. Not no ‘free’ content ;)

Sharky

Guru
We've got two firestick, running with subs to disney+, prime, now, netflix etc and it's a great improvement on our old not very smart tvs.

One good thing is the ability to play the same film on the 2nd TV from almost the same point as the first.

One thing I've noticed with alexa, is that if you ask for a certain film, it does not seem to return films on the Now stream, showing films requiring to be purchased or rented. You need to go specifically into the Now search to find the film free on your subscription.

jowwy

If anybody thinks that mr pc plod has got time to go on and knock on peoples doors who are streaming content, then your going to be a little upset……they havent got time or man power to sort out actual crimes.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm not sure why the suggestion of streaming video instantly leads to an assumption of rampant piracy, but it's entirely possible and reasonable to stream programming legally, either through a fire TV stick (although that works through Amazon) or Chromecast or other similar devices. How good the experience will be is likely to be variable, dependent upon your chosen platform and how you intend to access the service, for example, Chromecast works best when working with apps on your phone, you can choose to stream programming onto your television via the Chromecast, other devices provide a bespoke user interface which can be accessed with a remote control meaning you don't need to trigger programmes from your phone, not all television services work with all devices, so do your research. The key to making any of it work well is having a reliable broadband connection.

Top Bottom