Anyone watched the movie "Gravity" ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Mark Kermode stated it was probably the first movie he would recommend to watch in 3D instead of 2D.

U

User6179

Think it is one of those films that you need to watch in the cinema , small screen wouldn't do it justice I think.

sazzaa

I thought it was shite in the cinema. Good if you're a space nerd though (other half and daughter loved it, both nerds)

AndyRM

XOXO
Mark Kermode stated it was probably the first movie he would recommend to watch in 3D instead of 2D.

Think it is one of those films that you need to watch in the cinema , small screen wouldn't do it justice I think.

Totally agree with both of these.

Visually it's beautiful and quite inventive.

Without the effects it's a fairly standard space disaster movie with a ham-fisted rebirth allegory attached.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
It lost me when it made a HUGE blunder with the physics at one point. But its a good looking movie, and Sandy still looks good in her underwear.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
Some people were disappointed in one scene where she could have pulled him back instead of him letting go... I think she forgot that she's in space and there's no gravity lol one little pull back and all would be good or because her foot was attached to that wire, if she let go, they would have sat still as the rope was taut.

Last edited:

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
George Clooney looked more and more like Buzz Lightyear as the film went on.
It lost me towards the end.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
[QUOTE 2863544, member: 259"]I saw it in an IMAX. It was excellent. I doubt I'd bother to watch it at home though.[/quote]
Watch it at home, turn the lights off, no noise and it will have you on the edge of your seat.

ASC1951

Guru
It's excellent for that. I can't stand [Sandra Bullock].
Same here. For an allegedly talented actress she manages to pick dull rubbish after dull rubbish and generally turns out wooden performance after wooden performance - While You Were Sleeping was her last decent display. TBH I can't understand why she is so popular. She does have a reputation of working hard, turning up on time, knowing her stuff and getting on with everyone on set, but that's no use on my side of the screen.

Top Bottom