Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
One of the coolest automotive things I have ever seen involved number plates

One day I was walking down the alley when I noticed that on the front of the car park were 2 E-Type Jags convertibles
Both British Racing Green
with consecutive number plates (old style black and white - of course)
Parking in numeric order

I'd say with only 2 cars its impossible not to park them in numerical order.....

I'd say with only 2 cars its impossible not to park them in numerical order.....

Well - if you want to be a pedant - which you clearly do - then yes

but - to be more clear - these were in numeric order to the stream of people walking past

people winding their way through the car park would see them in descending order left to right - which is - as you point out - still numeric order

and - to be complete - when I say numeric order I mean ascending order from left to right
and not some foreign right to left mode (does Arabic go right to left for numbers????? - I assume it does
and yes - it did use Arabic numbering system - just to annoy people who get annoyed by that phrase)

any more question??
^_^
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Zanelad

Guru
No it wasn't.

That car is not on the road at that point, and they have obviously just put a fake plate on it for advertising purposes.

Yes it was.

Steve Parish sold it after his divorce. His wife didn't like it. He still uses 60CK though.

Attachments

• EVLOSVCU0AAzW3c.jpeg
    EVLOSVCU0AAzW3c.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
Well if it was, it has been removed. According to the MOT check site there is no vehicle with that registration.

The plate above is currently on a 2019 Range Rover HSE 3.0

I'm not sure who's registered it correctly as our reg lookup has it as (six) OCK and the GOV MOT site have it as (sixty) CK

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Car with that plate pulled out from a drive while I was cycling to work near me last week. Wasn’t on a Jag, it was a Far Eastern make of some sort, I couldn't make it out It was pulling out of a very modest and somewhat scruffy council or ex council semi.
In or around Leeds?

DVLA lists U1 as being on a 2019 Volvo S90 now.

Dadam

Yes in Leeds. I didn’t have time to look at the rear of the car so didn’t clock the make. At the time I thought the styling was reminiscent of a large exec saloon from Kia or Hyundai. Unfamiliar with the S90 so Googled it after reading an earlier post and realised it was probably that. I noticed it as I always understood it was on the mayoral car and the look of the car didn’t fit somehow.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The plate above is currently on a 2019 Range Rover HSE 3.0

I'm not sure who's registered it correctly as our reg lookup has it as (six) OCK and the GOV MOT site have it as (sixty) CK

The 60 CK looks correct to me because you can't have an O in a number plate.

byegad

Legendary Member
Well - if you want to be a pedant - which you clearly do - then yes

but - to be more clear - these were in numeric order to the stream of people walking past

people winding their way through the car park would see them in descending order left to right - which is - as you point out - still numeric order

and - to be complete - when I say numeric order I mean ascending order from left to right
and not some foreign right to left mode (does Arabic go right to left for numbers????? - I assume it does
and yes - it did use Arabic numbering system - just to annoy people who get annoyed by that phrase)

any more question??
^_^
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Except the 'Arabic numbers' were invented in India. Europe referred to them as Arabic because traders in places like Florence saw Arab traders* using them and adopted them as they were better for calculations than Roman ones. The then pope had a go at banning them as his tax inspectors didn't understand them and the trading houses had two sets of books, the Roman numeral ones weren't as 'correct' as the Arabic ones with respect to tax!

*Presumably having traded in India.

Top Bottom