Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
https://dvlaauction.co.uk/ Here you all go, have an argument over whether DVLA are encouraging the moving around of letters

DVLA will take advantage of those who are easily parted from their money. It’s a choice for the driver whether s/he seeks to enhance the appearance by illegal spacing etc.

presta

Guru
https://dvlaauction.co.uk/ Here you all go, have an argument over whether DVLA are encouraging the moving around of letters

Most of them are so lame I don't know why people pay good money for them. This for example, it might be worth a Colin buying it if it didn't have the 5 in it.
1678724057984.png

D

Deleted member 26715

DVLA will take advantage of those who are easily parted from their money. It’s a choice for the driver whether s/he seeks to enhance the appearance by illegal spacing etc.

Selection_314.jpg

Unless you are illegally going to move the 8 then there is no point in buying this plate, are the DVLA not just encouraging it?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
View attachment 681527
Unless you are illegally going to move the 8 then there is no point in buying this plate, are the DVLA not just encouraging it?

Well they are selling it showing the correct, legal spacing so they’re not encouraging its illegal adaptation. They are no doubt aware, though, that many recipients will alter the plate but that then becomes a police matter for enforcement. Three strikes, I believe, and the plate is revoked by DVLA so it remains a choice for the vanity conscious whether the risk is worth it.

Gunk

Guru
View attachment 681527

They’re just encouraging saddos to look like a complete bell end

Drago

Legendary Member
I've got BA55 followed by my initials. I'm a bassist and, er, my initials are my initials. Everyone in the village knows I'm a bassist and the plate does get admiring comments from the werewolf dodgers. No naughty spai g involved.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
When I become Prime Minister I have a number of commitments from my manifesto. One of which is - anyone with a personalised number plate pays an extra 20p per litre of fuel. If the plate are your initials or name then it's an extra 30p per litre. After all you've demonstrated that you are willing to pay extra for the privilege of driving, so should pay extra for fuel. EVs might need a little thought though.
Another commitment is for every lamp-post to have loud speaker on it and they would play differing tunes at different times of the day. E.g. at pub kicking out time Manhattan Transfer would be singing "Chanson D`Amour" - all the fighting drunks would be hugging each other.

Top Bottom