Are cycling shoes necessary , if so why ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
For touring and leisure rides I prefer traditional clips with loose straps. These keep my feet in approximately the right location with being too tight.

I only take one pair of shoes on tour so need something I can easily walk in. I don't fancy walking around the ferry with SPD-L's.

Venod

Eh up
I don't fancy walking around the ferry with SPD-L's

SPD's with the recessed cleat are as easy to walk in as normal shoes.

T675Rich

I have been paying more attention, or trying to, to my foot position when I pedal and I find myself working my way to peddling on my arches with out even thinking about it so when I notice I shift back to the balls of my feet as I assume arches are a bad idea. SPD dealies would stop that but it still feels like overkill, I might try and pick up a cheap pair so if I don't get on with them I haven't lost much.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
I have been paying more attention, or trying to, to my foot position when I pedal and I find myself working my way to peddling on my arches with out even thinking about it so when I notice I shift back to the balls of my feet as I assume arches are a bad idea. SPD dealies would stop that but it still feels like overkill, I might try and pick up a cheap pair so if I don't get on with them I haven't lost much.
Nowt wrong with BLOBBOFOOT!

Top Bottom