Are these tyres borked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Or is the red bit with the 'cracks just poncey cosmetics?

20180426_112926.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would say borked.
Looks like the tyres have been sitting around for a while and deteriorated.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I’ve just binned a pair with exactly the same problems. Vittoria Rubino Pro with red sidewalls.
Around 2 years old and done 1000 miles or so.
Replaced them with same but all black.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Consider them binned - cheers
I ran my last set of commuter tyres like that and had no problems. Just cosmetic and as long as the cords in the tyre carcas are sound you will be fine.......

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The reason I started the thread was because it looks like the red bit is glued and may have nothing to do with the integrity of the tyre.
Having had a nasty off with a front blow out, I'm a bit of a wuss these days. I'l bin them and if anyone wants them at postage cost, then let me know.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
it looks like they have been left under inflated , i had same issue on a set of Vittorio zaffiro's i replaced last week they were 3 years old and had only done less than 1000 k and a lot of the time just left standing and under inflated so always worth checking tyre pressure's even if not in use and rotate the wheel so they dont sit on the same spot all the time

si_c

Guru
My front Zaffiro looks a bit like that (all black), as @I like Skol said it appears more cosmetic than anything else. I've put several thousand miles on it since I first noticed, with no problems.

Top Bottom