Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@vickster

Just for you, how many Teslas can you spot :smile:

View attachment 653384

For balance here is another EV brands...

View attachment 653385

....finally we should meet up at this place, I'll be in my EV ;).

View attachment 653386

What the heck is that monstrosity whose owner can't park ? Not even it's mother could love that surely?

icowden

Veteran
What the heck is that monstrosity whose owner can't park ? Not even it's mother could love that surely?
Well... {takes deerstalker off]...

That plate is in Norway. A quick search of the Norweigian vehicle register reveals that it is the
FAW EHS9 or Hongqi EHS9. Costs £50,000 to £63,000 (in Norway - £75k to £92k elsewhere). That one is pretty much brand new having been registered in April 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongqi_E-HS9

Chislenko

Veteran
I see Audi have entered an electric vehicle in the Paris - Dakar rally.

Unfortunately due to the distance of each stage it can't complete a stage.

However, they have overcome this by going back to old technology whereby they have a petrol engine fitted to the car running all the time and recharging the batteries.

Apparently though, although quite low on emissions this is not an acceptable solution for governments.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I see Audi have entered an electric vehicle in the Paris - Dakar rally.

Unfortunately due to the distance of each stage it can't complete a stage.

However, they have overcome this by going back to old technology whereby they have a petrol engine fitted to the car running all the time and recharging the batteries.

Apparently though, although quite low on emissions this is not an acceptable solution for governments.

Same as GM did with the Chevrolet Volt/Vauxhall Ampera of about 10 years ago.

Chislenko

Veteran
Same as GM did with the Chevrolet Volt/Vauxhall Ampera of about 10 years ago.

Yes, they are the cars they have apparently modelled this on, but the technology is not acceptable apparently, even if it is more practical, not having to stop to charge.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Yes, they are the cars they have apparently modelled this on, but the technology is not acceptable apparently, even if it is more practical, not having to stop to charge.

And, if I remember correctcly, Audi were also adding to their environmentally freindly credentials by recycling their old 2 litre DTM engines to do the battery charging for the Dakar earlier this year :whistle:

Chislenko

Veteran
And, if I remember correctcly, Audi were also adding to their environmentally freindly credentials by recycling their old 2 litre DTM engines to do the battery charging for the Dakar earlier this year :whistle:

So, is the morale of the story, if you want to go electric get one with a petrol engine to charge it 😊

icowden

Veteran
they call it a range extender, marketing BS for an on board generator
Whereas everyone else calls it pointless - hence the marketing shoot about "eliminate range anxiety". How about - get a vehicle suitable for you and change your mindset?

It's like these people have never worried that they will run out of petrol before they got to a petrol station.

CXRAndy

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom