Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Today, my Tesla service experience. My car needed a few parts upgraded or replacing under warranty.

I arranged the service via the phone app.

A series of messages and a few photos sent. Confirmed appointment with suspect spares ordered to be there on the day.

I dropped my car off- walked away from dealer. There is no need to talk to anyone, Tesla knows the car is there, they have full access in service mode.

Messages throughout the service would appear regularly on the app any queries too. Then a final message car is ready. I returned got in car and drove away without any further communication with any Tesla personnel.

Easy peasy :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Today, my Tesla service experience. My car needed a few parts upgraded or replacing under warranty.

A series of messages and a few photos sent. Confirmed appointment with suspect spares ordered to be there on the day.

I dropped my car off- walked away from dealer. There is no need to talk to anyone, Tesla knows the car is there, they have full access in service mode.

Messages throughout the service would appear regularly on the app any queries too. Then a final message car is ready. I returned got in car and drove away without any further communication with any Tesla personnel.

Should appeal to green sociopaths. 😁

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Or, bought a Nissan and it's not needed to see a garage for replacement bits ! :crazy:

All uphill

Still rolling along
My opening and closing statement.

No, we are not being forced to go electric; it is possible for many, but not all, people to organise a lifestyle and home location that does not require a personally owned motorised vehicle at all. Train stations, ebikes, living in a 20 minute town, work near home, car share schemes can all be part of a car ownership free life, but it does require change, which some will find painful.

gzoom

Über Member
So 3 weeks, 4 countries, and 2800 mile road trip done in our 5 year old EV. We had 6 people on board + luggage for Norway, hit about 180km/hr before I bottled it on the Autobahn (family in the car), and one spent 5.5hrs going up and down the mountains.

Regardless of what you think of Elon Musk or Tesla, no one can deny the ability of EV to take you (or your entire family) any where you like. The newer much cheaper Model 3s have MORE range and FASTER charging speeds than our car, and ANY new EV on sale today can pretty much do what we did.

Life is short, and cars are there to provide personal freedom of movement no other forms of transport can do. At one stage on this the trip we were in Oslo on a Friday, Copenhagen on Saturday, and Amsterdam on Sunday, yes we all like pedal bikes but no other form of transport could have delivered our amazing road trip, regardless of fuel method.

52227089453_fe2cf27625_k_d.jpg

52246320375_ca73d2dbb9_c_d.jpg

So 3 weeks, 4 countries, and 2800 mile road trip done in our 5 year old EV. We had 6 people on board + luggage for Norway, hit about 180km/hr before I bottled it on the Autobahn (family in the car), and one spent 5.5hrs going up and down the mountains.

Regardless of what you think of Elon Musk or Tesla, no one can deny the ability of EV to take you (or your entire family) any where you like. The newer much cheaper Model 3s have MORE range and FASTER charging speeds than our car, and ANY new EV on sale today can pretty much do what we did.

Life is short, and cars are there to provide personal freedom of movement no other forms of transport can do. At one stage on this the trip we were in Oslo on a Friday, Copenhagen on Saturday, and Amsterdam on Sunday, yes we all like pedal bikes but no other form of transport could have delivered our amazing road trip, regardless of fuel method.

View attachment 654755

View attachment 654756

Stunning photos.

Chislenko

Veteran
We had 6 people on board + luggage for Norway.

Must have been horrendous if somebody dropped one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom