Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Have you seen the price of beer in Norway!!

Went to Stavanger on a trip to watch my team play Viking a good 15 years back. One of our older supporters went into the bar and enquired the price. It was something rediculous like £6.00 a pint (Krona equivalent) back then. He then told the bar owner there was circa 100 of us and he would get all our custom if he did a discounted price. I think we got it for £4.00 a pint. I don't even pay that nowadays in UK.

I know how expensive it is, I’ve been before . It’s swings and roundabouts . What they take from one hand you get in the other I suppose.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Norway is very expensive for lots of things, Norway protect their farmers so milk and butter tends to be expensive. Anything that is imported has a high duty, so is expensive - particularly alcohol. Eating out is expensive as restaurants pay their staff very well. Beer is expensive due to taxes. The cheapest is around £6 rising to £8 or so in airports. So a bit like drinking in London...

So As I asked earlier was there some free charging in that trip ? Surely not a 3000 mile trip that cost £22 in leccy ? If so then yes I’m rather taken aback !!

I have to say am not sure where you are getting this from?? Less than 20 years ago I owned nothing but a £500 Micra and the clothes on my back, 30 years ago I couldn't speak a word of English.....Is your issue that no one should strive to better themselves in life??

Even you do have an issue with me personally for some bizzar reason wanting to improve the quality of life of me and my family, am not sure why you think EVs are
I'm sorry.

Nothing against you personally but this thread (to me) has a undertone from some that if you can afford an EV then you are entitled to look down on those that cannot.

I like your pictures, they remind me of Milford Sound in New Zealand.

icowden

Veteran
Nothing against you personally but this thread (to me) has a undertone from some that if you can afford an EV then you are entitled to look down on those that cannot.
I don't see that at all. I just see people showing the joys and benefits of EV ownership. Those that have one know that they are lucky to be able to afford one, but they are getting better and cheaper all the time.

I don't see that at all. I just see people showing the joys and benefits of EV ownership. Those that have one know that they are lucky to be able to afford one, but they are getting better and cheaper all the time.

My view is that some EV owners are self righteous know alls.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
127 pages of, now mostly circular, argument with the main thrust of the OP lost in the mists of time; maybe it's time for closing statements? 😁😁😁

Yes it's not really answering any new questions now. My closing statements are that yes, I think we are being forced to go EV (or no V at all) which is a good thing. We're also being forced (priced out) of unecessary jouneys which is also good. By the time the now new EVs are 5 yeras old and on the used market, hopefully affordable and hopefully still reliable in terms of battery longevity. The rich are the guinea pigs I suppose and the less well-off will follow suit when confidence has been gained.

I don't think anyone is bragging, at least not any more than on any other thread about new bikes, cars or hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom