Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
20220811_210339.jpg

Day 1 Ypres. Charged twice in the UK. Once at lunch when we got to Stansted services and Eurotunnel. Though I needed had bothered to get to Ypres. The hotel has charging, but don't need it to get into Germany today.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
My opening and closing statement.

No, we are not being forced to go electric; it is possible for many, but not all, people to organise a lifestyle and home location that does not require a personally owned motorised vehicle at all. Train stations, ebikes, living in a 20 minute town, work near home, car share schemes can all be part of a car ownership free life, but it does require change, which some will find painful.

Absolutely this, I own a vehicle and I know the reason for owning that vehicle is not to get me around but simply to appease other people in my family, but I have it firmly in my sight to rid myself of the parasitic machine so I can get back to enjoying life and not doing dumb stuff to keep other people happy.

CXRAndy

Guru
Entered Germany now, came across a stretch of autobahn, so stretched the Tesla's legs @125mph, was effortless. ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I recently had a lowly 208 electric as a courtesy car.
Once I'd got used to it, did the obligatory standing start foot-to-the-floor in Sport mode.
OMFG.
It just kept accelerating! It pulled better than our old 150bhp tdi, and carried on pulling. No gear change, no let up. Highly impressive.

gzoom

Über Member
I recently had a lowly 208 electric as a courtesy car.
Once I'd got used to it, did the obligatory standing start foot-to-the-floor in Sport mode.
OMFG.
It just kept accelerating! It pulled better than our old 150bhp tdi, and carried on pulling. No gear change, no let up. Highly impressive.

Imagine whats its like a 'ludicrous' Tesla. I was really excited at been given one a loan car, but after just one full throttle launch it felt like I gave my self concussion, spent the rest of the time with the car been worried that I would accidentally crash it into a bush/house/tree etc.

Imagine whats its like a 'ludicrous' Tesla. I was really excited at been given one a loan car, but after just one full throttle launch it felt like I gave my self concussion, spent the rest of the time with the car been worried that I would accidentally crash it into a bush/house/tree etc.

I don't even take my leaf out of eco mode. Too fast for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom