"Are you a serious cyclist"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
No. Proper cyclists always nod hello.
Not in Glasgow Mate, you nod someone will think your are trying to give them a Glasgow Kiss :banghead:

vickster

Legendary Member
I do hope so given how much money I've spent on bikes and associated paraphernalia :wacko:

I'm a serious resting cyclist right now however!

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Says the new lady at work on opposite desk. Thinks for a second... I commute two or three days a week, I have long ride at the weekend.. I'm a bit obsessed with buying or looking at gear, wandering around the three shops in town, always on wiggle,Evans,ebay, etal looking at bike stuff, checking out new routes......"yes" I confidently say. She says "oh my husbands well into it, he cycled to Paris last week" (from Durham) I'm backtracking now.. A little embarrassed.. Is it all in head? What makes a serious cyclist or vice versa.
I do the commute five times a week (27 miles Mon-Thu, a mere 6 on Fri) plus 50 or so fun miles at the weekend.

"Oh yes, you're a serious cyclist".

The lad next to me at work's just done the Tour of Flanders.

goody

Veteran
I used to be a serious cyclist until someone stole my only KOM. If ever you get the Uh OH someone stole your KOM email you'll understand how I went from a serious cyclist to depressed cyclist in about 30 seconds. I was a depressed cyclist for a while then an angry cyclist plotting my revenge. I soon got my feelings of revenge and became a fairly laid back cyclist who has the occassional bout of being an over enthusiastic cyclist. Maybe one day I'll be able to call myself a happy cyclist hopefuly that day will not be too far off.
Damn just realsed I've gone from being a laid back cyclist to a hopeful cyclist.

classic33

Leg End Member
I got told I was nuts for even thinking about doing the new commuting distance, then I said I'd done it the day before. Does that make me a nutty cyclist?

Top Bottom