"Are you a serious cyclist"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Says the new lady at work on opposite desk. Thinks for a second... I commute two or three days a week, I have long ride at the weekend.. I'm a bit obsessed with buying or looking at gear, wandering around the three shops in town, always on wiggle,Evans,ebay, etal looking at bike stuff, checking out new routes......"yes" I confidently say. She says "oh my husbands well into it, he cycled to Paris last week" (from Durham) I'm backtracking now.. A little embarrassed.. Is it all in head? What makes a serious cyclist or vice versa.
Quick questions. Did he cycle back from Paris and was he in work the day after getting back?

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Quick questions. Did he cycle back from Paris and was he in work the day after getting back?
I reckon he cycled from his hotel in Paris to the Gare Du Nord, got on the train, then rode home from St. Pancras.

EDIT: no he didn't, he rode from St. Pancras to Kings Cross, then got on the train to Durham and rode home from there.

But started off his Strava at the beginning and switched it off at the end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
damj

damj

I reckon he cycled from his hotel in Paris to the Gare Du Nord, got on the train, then rode home from St. Pancras.

But started off his Strava at the beginning and switched it off at the end.
Still good effort to Durham, up hill all the way. Unless he and bike jumped on the flying Scotsman

ayceejay

Guru
It's yer uncle Sig here damj.
You seem to be equating 'serious' and 'obsessive' in your OP
(this means Opening Problem) and if this new lady is seriously
interested in what your obsessions are I should try to turn the
conversation towards carnal knowledge and the benefits of physical exercise generally.
Show her that page on Wiggle with the Santina models in Lycra and work from there.
You may want to check on your firms approach to sexual harassment in advance of
your advances though, just in case.

classic33

Leg End Member
Still good effort to Durham, up hill all the way. Unless he and bike jumped on the "Flying Scotsman"
"Tornado" surely

ozboz

Guru
I was waiting at the level crossing one day last week, a fellow cyclist pulled up beside me , all lycra'd up , nice looking Cannondale roadie , Hi ' I said with a nod and a smile , he looked at me , and my bike , then just looked ahead , no other response , Id say he may be one of those

Soreyarsed cyclists !

Last edited:
OP
OP
damj

damj

I was waiting at the level crossing one day last week, a fellow cyclist pulled up beside me , all lycra'd up , nice looking Cannondale roadie , Hi ' I said with a nod and a smile , he looked at me , and my bike , then just looked ahead , no other response , Id say he may be on of those

Soreyarsed cyclists !
Yer I'm getting it now :

Shaun

Founder
Hmmmm ....
  • I'm serious on the Roubaix, although I'm usually hanging onto someone's wheel at the back for grim death as my fitness isn't very serious about itself.
  • I'm semi-serious on the Sirius as I feel somewhat compelled to chase-down the other cyclists ahead of me on the commute.
  • I'm not serious at all on the folder.
It's impossible to be serious on a folder isn't it? :giggle:

Top Bottom