Are you a short shortie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A terrible look on older guys that cannot be beaten for crass-ness is the 3/4 length short (bad in itself) topped (bottomed?) off with a pair of those hideous brightly coloure Croc's. Ghastly.
I bought a pair of sandals yesterday. They are open toe ones:unsure:. I haven't worn sandals since junior school and they were the Clarke's type with toe caps. They were only £12,so if i develop paranoia thinking folk are looking at them and decide not to wear them again it's not such a big loss.
I've always had a phobia of men wearing open toe sandals. Hairy toes,calluses,bunions,cracked/rough skin etc makes me xx(. See,there's something to be said about wearing socks with sandals. We don't see the gruesome bits when covered with socks. Years ago in summer quite a few elderly men used to turn up in my local pub wearing sandals after going on long walks. Not only did they have all those things i've listed,but some also had varicose veins on display!:unsure:

Last edited:
It's funny what you get used to. Over here I wear shorts all the time, and on my feet flip-flops mainly, and sandals for longer walks. When I get back to the UK and have to wear jeans again, it seems weird, and closed in shoes really take some getting used to. Even on my journey there and back, I wear flip-flops - very comfortable on the plane. Last time I wore shoes here was a few years back when teaching at local schools - even used to wear proper shirt and tie 👨‍🏫

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's funny what you get used to. Over here I wear shorts all the time, and on my feet flip-flops mainly, and sandals for longer walks. When I get back to the UK and have to wear jeans again, it seems weird, and closed in shoes really take some getting used to. Even on my journey there and back, I wear flip-flops - very comfortable on the plane. Last time I wore shoes here was a few years back when teaching at local schools - even used to wear proper shirt and tie 👨‍🏫
I couldn't live like that! Not being able to wear tweeds,brougues,well ironed shirts,ties,cravats,waistcoats,Dents gloves etc would totally depress me!🧐

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Mens Rompers anyone ? :blush:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to wear shorts after I retired from about easter to end of October. Not his year tho' as it has been mostly too blasted cold. Must be old age.
When working I often wore a kilt to just cutting mid knee for length. As well as running the place my job also entailed a bit of showmanship.
Those who hire kilts and wear them too long are an abomination.
Somewhere I have a photo which I will put up later.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I used to wear shorts after I retired from about easter to end of October. Not his year tho' as it has been mostly too blasted cold. Must be old age.
When working I often wore a kilt to just cutting mid knee for length. As well as running the place my job also entailed a bit of showmanship.
Those who hire kilts and wear them too long are an abomination.
Somewhere I have a photo which I will put up later.
My Kilts , not hired (Anderson) and homemade camo

Attachments

• kilt & Potain.jpg
    kilt & Potain.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Black jacket 02 w-c.JPG
    Black jacket 02 w-c.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 9
  • camo kilt.jpg
    camo kilt.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom