Are you gay?

Are you gay?

• Yes I am proper gay.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I once had a drunken fondle but I dont dwell on it.

• I swing both ways.

• No, I am not remotely gay.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Yawn... this thread should have been called 'Are you straight, but confident enough in your sexuality to talk about homosexuality'.

The best way to discern who is actually gay, is to work out who hasn't replied to this thread yet

bonj2

Assuming 10% of the people are gay, then on average that's every 10th person. Looking through the members list, in posts order, the gays on the first page therefore are Dayvo, simoncc, and, ... mickle.

Abitrary said:
The best way to discern who is actually gay, is to work out who hasn't replied to this thread yet

Not prompted by abitrary, I've been busy with work most of the day and couldn't reply earlier.

Chris James

Über Member
Smokin Joe said:
It was regarded by the average macho male as ok to be gay provided you made yourself a figure of fun, but it was unacceptabley perverted to be normal in every other way apart from your sexuality.

I used to work with someone who had very similar views (and was probably of the same vintage). He viewed 'normal' gay people with massive suspicion as if, by not being camp, they were pretending to be straight to put him off his guard.

bonj2

barq said:
There are some straight men who pretend to be gay in order to attract women. I have no idea whether this really works, and I can't imagine it would have much mileage, but they call themselves 'strays' (STRaight gAYS). I wanted to interview some of them about three years ago but I struggled to recruit them. Cosmo did a feature on them about the same time (I guess they pay more money ;)).

Keeps families together, apparently.

(end of)
and

bonj2

Abitrary said:
Yawn... this thread should have been called 'Are you straight, but confident enough in your sexuality to talk about homosexuality'.

Obviously. But I've got an excuse, I've been at work. :tongue:
simoncc hasn't replied, and he also fits my theory. Obviously therefore gay as a window. mickle, he obviously wants to find out who the OTHER gays are. ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
bonj said:
Obviously. But I've got an excuse, I've been at work. :biggrin:
simoncc hasn't replied, and he also fits my theory. Obviously therefore gay as a window. mickle, he obviously wants to find out who the OTHER gays are. ;)

Bonj I think you should be very careful when you talk about windows;). Remember that your "window" photos are now on the forum, complete with naked toes.:smile:B):tongue:

longers

Legendary Member
One of my mates REALLY wishes I were. I try/have to avoid him when he's drunk.

I work with a couple of homophobic little shoots. They disgust me as they are hypocritical with it too, as another colleague is gay BUT he's okay (in their eyes).

Part of me wonders if him being 6 foot odd, a good few stone, highly intelligent and from the NE has anything to do with their acceptance of him. If he was a badly mannered, ill educated, small minded, ignorant, bigoted runt like them I wonder what they'd think of him then?

barq

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Psshhh, an old tactic, makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. In the City all you need to do is learn the difference between a T&G and Sachs haircut, pay attention, and go for it. Its absurd how easy being a little effeminate came make it.

;) These 'strays' (straight men pretending to be gay, for anyone who hasn't read the whole thread) were very committed. They went a lot further than just being a bit metrosexual and talking about Christian Lacroix.

I wanted to interview them partly because it didn't strike me as the most, erm, straight forward way to attract women and the psychologist in me suspected rather more mixed motives.

fairy

papercorn2000 said:
Personally I really don't see what is attractive about men!
Men are all horrible and hairy and rough. What women see in us is quite frankly beyond me!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm men are yummy:tongue:

I'm happy, but not gay!
I like camping, but I'm not camp.
I like erecting my tent, but/and . . . ! :tongue:
As both a Homo sapien and heterosexual, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals.
I like men and I like women.
I don't fancy men, but enjoy their company.
I fancy women (not all ;)) and love their company.

But give me my bike any time (for a spin in the country, not in a Scottish hotel).

bonj2

barq said:
:biggrin: These 'strays' (straight men pretending to be gay, for anyone who hasn't read the whole thread) were very committed. They went a lot further than ... just being a bit metrosexual and talking about Christian Lacroix.
... tossing off a builder. And writing about it.

sorry couldn't resist

Speicher said:
Bonj I think you should be very careful when you talk about windows;). Remember that your "window" photos are now on the forum, complete with naked toes.:smile:B):tongue:

;) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay+as+a+window

bonj2

Dayvo said:
I'm happy, but not gay!
I like camping, but I'm not camp.
I like erecting my tent, but/and . . . ! :tongue:
As both a Homo sapien and heterosexual, I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals.
I like men and I like women.
I don't fancy men, but enjoy their company.
I fancy women (not all ;)) and love their company.

But give me my bike any time (for a spin in the country, not in a Scottish hotel).

I'm afraid statistically you are.

Top Bottom