Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Arran 7th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DougieAB

Getting the messages
I might not make it now either :cry:, back wheel gubbed on my way to work this morning. after work I will be rushing round all near by LBS's in the area for new spokes and hopefully have time to fix it when the wee man goes to bed, if I don't make it hope you all have a good one.
@ShooglyDougie Don,t think I,m going to bother, sorry about that. A two hour drive to ride around in the rain all day, nah, don't, think so. Sounds like you are a maybe as it is. Had hoped to catch up with a mate of mine @markyh who has just joined to forum when I told him about the Arran ride. Apologies Mark but it doesn't seem worth the hassle. Got drenched twice during the week, don't,t fancy a full day of rain.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hope the flies drop like Cyclechatters tomorrow :sad:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'm completely lost on who s in and out. Don't want to turn up and be only guy there. Thinking postponing at this point, as much as it would hurt given lack of numbers and the predicted weather.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
5 is all you need for team TT finish, so that is plenty enough!

As long as nobody gets left behind or 'lost' from the team for other reasons ... last man/person counts :thumbsup:
Wish I could join you, but EdFoC duty calls ... got a few hundred programmes to shift tomorrow! At least that's by bike :smile:, so I should get a few miles in, too. Will be thinking of you, be sure to take some photos, at least of the cake, if it's too wet outdoors...

T

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Use the roadie!
Blasphemy, I can't ride a curly handle bared thingwey! anyways, I may have taken bits off it to fix my dads bike and not bothered to fix it up again:shy:. Wheel works again (thanks to Davey at the bike shed in Newtongrange) so if I get up early enough for the train will see you at the ferry :thumbsup:. after the last two trips late year I feel I love Arran :wub: and feel I need at least one visit a year so would love to come along.

@ShooglyDougie Don,t think I,m going to bother, sorry about that. A two hour drive to ride around in the rain all day, nah, don't, think so. Sounds like you are a maybe as it is. Had hoped to catch up with a mate of mine @markyh who has just joined to forum when I told him about the Arran ride. Apologies Mark but it doesn't seem worth the hassle. Got drenched twice during the week, don't,t fancy a full day of rain.
No worries,I can sympathise, my trainers I wore on Wednesday are still dripping wet, ain't no fun putting on wet gear (or getting wet) if you don't have to.

markyh

No worries @DougieAB ...agree its a long way to drive towards the rain...im gonna get a morning run up glen devon n Glen Eagles ,dunblane , Stirling n home to tillicoultry before the rain hits here I hope...gotta get the miles in before those big uns in a month...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
No worries,I can sympathise, my trainers I wore on Wednesday are still dripping wet, ain't no fun putting on wet gear (or getting wet) if you don't have to.

I borrowed my work wellies for cycling home on Wednesday :laugh: , and packed the shoes into the panniers. Shoes & feet stayed dry :whistle: through some amazing puddles and despite some 'considerate' :gun:drivers. There were some lovely ones, too - patiently waiting until I had cleared the various streams running down the road :thumbsup:.
Wet shoes are horrible, especially when there is standing water inside, and you feel it swooshing around between your toes :rolleyes:. That's where sandals can be quite useful (without socks of course :biggrin:), if it's warm enough not to suffer from frostbite...

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nearly the end of cake stop. Wet already , but it's a good ride. Today's dress is blue with lots of legs :smile:

HOW many legs?:giggle:
More importantly for the rest of us:rolleyes:, what about today's CAKE?
Hope the rest of your ride wasn't too wet :rain:, I got well soaked on the way home from my 2nd trip of the day ... just over 50k in total across Edinburgh, including some places I'd never been to :smile:.

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
as @Rasmus said, despite the rain, a really good day out. met @Nicol @HonestMan1910 and @Geoff Crowther for the first time, bar my rear brake taking the day off no bikemechanicals where had( my phones nor survived tho!) , cake stop was good respite at the right time, and the hills get easier as they get more familiar. deffo one of my fav cc days out so far.

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Fantastic, memorable day. 56 miles in constant pi**ing rain. What could be more fun?
My sincere thanks to four great guys with considerably more experience than I for giving me a true initiation into riding a road bike in the silliest of weather.
Cheers for your patience, friendliness and consideration.
Now, after a barrowful of curry and red wine it's fast approaching my bed time as the sun descends over Lamlash.
Sleep well guys.

Top Bottom