As a 22mph average cyclist just commuting with very little effort, I admit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
The only time ive experience of rapid group speeds was in the Tour of Cambridge, where the first 40 miles I managed to hang onto fast groups to average 24mph, from then on my average dropped away to 21mph for the whole event
I'm riding in this very soon. I want to try and get under 5 hours if possible. 5 hours 12 my best so far. I'm hoping closed roads will help. Are there groups riding at different speeds? If I started off averaging 24 pretty sure I'd blow up before the end.

Sharky

Guru
Think he is pony

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm riding in this very soon. I want to try and get under 5 hours if possible. 5 hours 12 my best so far. I'm hoping closed roads will help. Are there groups riding at different speeds? If I started off averaging 24 pretty sure I'd blow up before the end.
There are a group of us from CycleChat doing the Tour of Cambridgeshire this year. Some of us faster/slower than others. The faster guys will be looking to stick together and post a quick time. Why not pop over to this thread (https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/turbo-club-meet-ups-events.224176/page-266), introduce yourself and see if you can meet us on the day?

Top Bottom