Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
:laugh:

Changing cleats for the DD so A Bob is a possibility :smile:

See here,perfecto method
A Bob.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Need (OK, want) to change tyres on my SS for the upcoming ToC. Obvious choice is Conti 4 Season as I have these on the Boardman and they have been good at preventing punctures. But are there any other options out there worth considering? Want them to be fast rolling, but puncture resistant. 25s or 28s.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
:sweat::sweat::sweat: ToW Stg 4 completed. 81m41s I think. Big mistake doing these 2 stages (3 and 4) after an hours worth of Gran Fondo workouts. I attempted them just to provide a time/completion.

There's about 5 or 6 minutes of lost time in that. A delivery by UPS and a Dumoulin by me. Still it's done and I'm taking tomorrow off of the bike.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:sweat::sweat::sweat: ToW Stg 4 completed. 81m41s I think. Big mistake doing these 2 stages (3 and 4) after an hours worth of Gran Fondo workouts. I attempted them just to provide a time/completion.

There's about 5 or 6 minutes of lost time in that. A delivery by UPS and a Dumoulin by me. Still it's done and I'm taking tomorrow off of the bike.
That's some more good time in the legs TB. It's my rest day today, be back on the bike tomorrow. So hard to stay disciplined and not do an 'easy' ride when I know I need to rest.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Need (OK, want) to change tyres on my SS for the upcoming ToC. Obvious choice is Conti 4 Season as I have these on the Boardman and they have been good at preventing punctures. But are there any other options out there worth considering? Want them to be fast rolling, but puncture resistant. 25s or 28s.
The Conti GP4000S II is currently cheaper than the 4 Season version on Wiggle. It only has a single layer of puncture protection instead of double, but that does make them lighter - and I have found them very puncture resistant (touch wood!). I've used them (or their predecessors) for years and only had one puncture I can remember, and that was where I rode through the debris from a recently cut VERY thorny hedgerow and the poor tyres didn't stand a chance! Should be all you need for summer riding - and you benefit from them being lighter, probably better rolling resistance, and currently cheaper too?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Conti GP4/5000's?? I've been running them for a couple of years. Not completely puncture proof but only a small number id 9000 miles. I've also heard good words about the Lifeline 'copies' from wiggle.

Edit - These Ones

bridgy

Legendary Member
I've re-done the Welsh DD on Strava and sent invites to those likely to do it

also here https://www.strava.com/routes/18595931

Food stops 23, 60, 80,and 107 miles also mention of coffee/drink at 52mile
Thanks Andy. Worth putting on the Elemnt because there was a couple of bits of rather dodgy signage last year.

Just looking at that terrain profile is making my legs ache though...

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks Andy. Worth putting on the Elemnt because there was a couple of bits of rather dodgy signage last year.

Just looking at that terrain profile is making my legs ache though...

added 95 mile route too to my post. Ive not sent invites for this route, but shout out if you cant download it

Top Bottom