As a 22mph average cyclist just commuting with very little effort, I admit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
at that weight you’d probably need a 180-200 Watt average I’d think, if it was a flat route and there was no wind.

I'd expect plenty of wind at that weight...

Sharky

Guru
The OP must be having a good laugh at our expense having successfully wound us all up!
Don't think he has been back since he started this thread. Last seen four minutes after posting.
He'll probably post a reply after he has done a couple of laps of the marathon course later this morning.

Sharky

Guru
Funny thing is though, that even though we are all scoffing at his claim to 22mph, should he repeat this in a pukka time trial, he wouldn't even finish in the top half of any 10 or 25. Top riders are approaching 30mph and good club riders easily beat 25mph and OAP's like myself can still better 20mph.

Still room for improvement - can do better.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Funny thing is though, that even though we are all scoffing at his claim to 22mph, should he repeat this in a pukka time trial, he wouldn't even finish in the top half of any 10 or 25. Top riders are approaching 30mph and good club riders easily beat 25mph and OAP's like myself can still better 20mph..

He's on a wind-up mission and he's full of shite. End of.
I bet even top riders wouldn't be able to average 22 mph over a commute unless they were breaking the law by jumping lights and ignoring road signs and right of way at junctions. There's a vast difference between riding on a clear, free-flowing route and having to deal with other road users and traffic signals. My average speed during urban utility rides almost always falls somewhere between 10.5 and 11.5 mph, depending if I'm riding a skip-salvage MTB on knobblys or my Pioneer hack on general purpose tyres.

Idly wondering how you had formed an idea about where they are, i just realised that this is the semi literate bike washing bod. Enough said.

Top Bottom