At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kirstie said:
UPDATE: Thanks to FM I have a new avatar...although it's slightly grubby looking??!!

I can only work with the material I'm given! If you look a bit dirrrty, you've only got yourself to blame! :tongue:

Kirstie

Über Member
Flying_Monkey said:
I can only work with the material I'm given! If you look a bit dirrrty, you've only got yourself to blame! :tongue:

Well you know me...:tongue:

laurence

Veteran
Fnaar said:
Next time I have to go shopping with the Mrs and kids, I shall amuse myself by getting them (we are 5 in all) to walk around the shopping centre in V-formation, and we should get it all over with more quickly (and have lower heart rates to boot!) :tongue:

i thought it was obligatory for families to spread out and take up all the available space anyway! (ducks - the hiding kind, not the quacking ones) :tongue:

laurence

Veteran
funny you should ask... clearly not very good as i didn't get the job.

another weekend of application filling beckons then.

laurence said:
funny you should ask... clearly not very good as i didn't get the job.

another weekend of application filling beckons then.

bummer!

Ask 'em why: Feedback is always good and any interviewer worth their salt should have some notes and be able to give objective reasons why you didn't get it - I've been asked a few times in the past for interview feedback and in fact have asked myself a couple of times.

laurence said:
they did tell me... not sure if i wanted to know though.

The trouble with interviews is, unless the interviewers very good or they are looking for very specific skills, you can do a fantastic interview on the day and still not get it because the interviewer had a 'picture' rather than a profile of what they wanted and you didn't fit.

Take it onboard but don't take it to heart.

Anyway I'm going off Herons with all these nasty stories of them: I won't brake next time. There was a pheasant in the garden today but by the time I'd got my camera he'd buggered off. I think he was after the whiskey - or is that grouse.

laurence

Veteran
you will find that birds have a great sense of knowing when a camera shutter is being pressed... they also can sense binoculars being raised.

i went off herons when i heard what they get up too. grebes, now there's a great fishing bird. i want a pet little grebe.

thinking about the feedback... i found the interview quite odd at times as i'm sure one of the people had mild aspergers (sp?). the other guy was fine, lots of eye contact and body responses, etc. oh well. shame as i liked the charity too.

Crackle said:
bummer!

Ask 'em why: Feedback is always good and any interviewer worth their salt should have some notes and be able to give objective reasons why you didn't get it - I've been asked a few times in the past for interview feedback and in fact have asked myself a couple of times.

"You looked pretty good on paper, but in person you are smelly, dirty and badly presented. You have no social skills and are totally inarticulate."

Chuffy

Veteran
Patrick Stevens said:
"You looked pretty good on paper, but in person you are smelly, dirty and badly presented. You have no social skills and are totally inarticulate."
<insert cheap Spindrift gag here> :tongue:

Chuffy

Veteran
laurence said:
i went off herons when i heard what they get up too. grebes, now there's a great fishing bird. i want a pet little grebe.
There was a great crested grebe on the river last year. Mind you, it was bumming fags off tramps and scavenging for dregs in discarded cans so I wouldn't be so keen to accept one into my home.

Patrick Stevens said:

I think you overlooked the words 'objective reasons'

So:-

"We needed someone with a more presentable, open communication style who was able to include people with many different agendas. Whilst we felt you had some of these skills we didn't think your communication was open enough to appeal to everyone...........blah, blah"

which more or less translates to what you said :tongue:

laurence

Veteran
Patrick Stevens said:

are you from my agency?

Top Bottom