At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chuffy said:
There was a great crested grebe on the river last year. Mind you, it was bumming fags off tramps and scavenging for dregs in discarded cans so I wouldn't be so keen to accept one into my home.

don't you besmirch the name of the great crested grebe with these sordid accusations. it was probably a coot in disguise

laurence said:
don't you besmirch the name of the great crested grebe with these sordid accusations. it was probably a coot in disguise
It was wearing a t-shirt which said 'I AM A GREAT CRESTED GREBE' which I saw no reason to disagree with, especially as it was giving me a wobbly look and asking for 50p for a cup of tea.

Chuffy said:
It was wearing a t-shirt which said 'I AM A GREAT CRESTED GREBE' which I saw no reason to disagree with, especially as it was giving me a wobbly look and asking for 50p for a cup of tea.

aha! grebes only drink coffee, it's why they are always moving around an active.

it could have been a Bittern, they are masters of disguise.

laurence said:
aha! grebes only drink coffee, it's why they are always moving around an active.

it could have been a Bittern, they are masters of disguise.
Then it would have been wearing a t-shirt saying 'I AM NOT A BITTERN'.:tongue:

Which this wasn't.

It's so sad when diving birds go bad. :tongue:

Chuffy said:
Then it would have been wearing a t-shirt saying 'I AM NOT A BITTERN'.:tongue:

Which this wasn't.

It's so sad when diving birds go bad. :tongue:

that's such an obvious disguise. yer Bittern is not only a master of disguise, but devious too

pigeon update...

none.

i'm getting worried, they haven't been there for a couple of days now. maybe it's because of the rain today, or maybe they are fed up of being stared at and reported on by the sad loser in the flat opposite them. anyway, they aren't there today. i did see them yesterday on another roof (mine). i suspect they have constructed an elaborate system of mirros to monitor my progress and to enable them to hide when they know i'm around. they are fiendish.

in other news... i have got a 'singing' blackbird toy that i plan to play to test its authenticity. i know "Aerial" works in encouraging the birds to sing in retaliation, but will the toy. the trouble with this plan is that blackbirds get up early and i do not.

gbb

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Get a singing nightingale toy then...;)
Where do pigeons nest anyway?

Its a miracle baby pigeons make it beyond the first two weeks of life...they're the ugliest muvvers you ever saw.
I remember the first ones i saw. I thought they were the devils spawn ..and i love birds....Jeeeeesus, talk about ugly.

Top Bottom