Audax , whats it all about ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Between you and an organiser. I've done it with Paul, who ran this ride. I sent a google map link of my planned route. You put google map into walk mode, and pick enough intermediate points that the total distance is >= your chosen distance. Send that to the organiser, tell him when you are doing iti, and pay him a couple of pounds. He approves it. You and he agree on what your proof will be. GPX files or receipts from each named point.
It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ok so just about to order my first Brevet card :hyper: Whats the deal with printed and virtual brevet cards ?

RhythMick

Über Member
The photo's only rperesent a tiny proportion of Audax events. The folk in the photos only represent a tiny proportion of the participants in those events. I've seen plenty of carbon and the other extreme too, on the few I've done.

Now admittedly my Audax bike is, as of last week, steel. But it doesn't have a rack. ;)
Mine is Aluminium, CAADX, with a rack. And 25mm tyres. Will I be allowed?

Seriously, planning to start doing Audax soon. Also the Exmouth Exodus falls perfectly for me this year and that's on the list. Why am I attracted to the idea of riding long distances overnight?

Top Bottom