Audax , whats it all about ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Now there's an idea....

Definitely a Di2 with flat batteries on LEL, as well as this guy ...

NRT_D300_20130728_20197_sm.jpg

And this guy on a 600km ride

Attachments

• NRT_D300_20130728_20197_sm.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 236

PpPete

Legendary Member
Definitely a Di2 with flat batteries on LEL, as well as this guy ...

And this guy on a 600km ride

The chap on the Brompton (Nick Wilkinson) finished LEL in time, but has since been able to afford some grown-up size wheels.

Drew Buck (Beret & stripy jumper) finished LEL 2013 just out of time but has completed it previously and numerous PBP on machines up to 100 years old.
One of the true legends of Audax. I felt mightily honoured to be stamping his Brevet Card on a recent 300km. He wasn't the last rider through my control, either.

Did I say ANYTHING goes ?
Not sure I'd wear a MAMIL CC jersey though.... :tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Another legend (Scottish) is George Berwick ... one of whose 'recent' exploits was riding the last 500km of a 1500km event in Germany with a broken downtube. Sorted with a Coke tin and some zipties ... yacf thread here et seq.

He's no spring chicken, is our George and he reckons he has ridden on 'just about every road in Scotland' ! :thumbsup: No one doubts nor disputes this statement - he probably has ... :laugh:

EDIT: a bit more here

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Gramil ? ^_^ I joined today and paid my fee so looking forward to joining in the fun . I don't think i will be doing the ride i posted about as its a bit soon . My knee hurt a bit to the end of 100 miles and my arse is telling me it didn't like that . :stop:
Its a doable distance but no point trying to do it if its going to hurt me so i will skip this one . More 100 miles under my belt before i push myself to 130 .

PpPete

Legendary Member
Another legend (Scottish) is George Berwick ... one of whose 'recent' exploits was riding the last 500km of a 1500km event in Germany with a broken downtube. Sorted with a Coke tin and some zipties ... yacf thread here et seq.

He's no spring chicken, is our George and he reckons he has ridden on 'just about every road in Scotland' ! :thumbsup: No one doubts nor disputes this statement - he probably has ... :laugh:

EDIT: a bit more here

Yes - indeed, the much loved "McNasty".
I've even met him south of the Border !

Top Bottom