Australian Cyclists Party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thats one of the better get out lines I've heard. Although you could let @Mad Doug Biker look after it!!

I have always wondered what makes a person think other people who usually do not know them will vote for them.
Especially if it is a very limited focus issue, such as cycling.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thats one of the better get out lines I've heard. Although you could let @Mad Doug Biker look after it!!
Yes, he's got more spare time than I do. So do you btw :whistle:

I have always wondered what makes a person think other people who usually do not know them will vote for them.
Empathy for the manifesto.

classic33

Leg End Member
Its not just down to the cycling. Road improvements would benefit all. Inclusion within a school can pay off in a few years. Peoples health may also benefit. An increase in those that cycle off-road could lead to better facilities for walkers as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, he's got more spare time than I do. So do you btw :whistle:
Getting assaulted at work and having the person who assaulted me complaining because I refused to serve him afterwards wasn't my choice. However his complaint was upheld, twice, & I'm out of work due to being assaulted. So I have more time you're right.

classic33

Leg End Member
I refrain from voting for people who only seem to have a very narrow or badly thought-out focus.
Define or better still give a better thought out focus, than improving the area in which you live, for all that live & work there. Small improvements can have a big impact on those, you & others are asking to be elected on.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Getting assaulted at work and having the person who assaulted me complaining because I refused to serve him afterwards wasn't my choice. However his complaint was upheld, twice, & I'm out of work due to being assaulted. So I have more time you're right.
Sorry to hear that: until you get another job, you could start up the cyclist party.
Not all by yourself though, you need help by somebody with political background.
Alas, not me, I'm the most undiplomatic person ever :rolleyes:
If I had time I would be good at the pr, as I've got the gift of the gab.
Maybe at pension age I'll give it a go.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry to hear that: until you get another job, you could start up the cyclist party.
Not all by yourself though, you need help by somebody with political background.
Alas, not me, I'm the most undiplomatic person ever :rolleyes:
If I had time I would be good at the pr, as I've got the gift of the gab.
Maybe at pension age I'll give it a go.
Not even for the chocolate, and no thats not a bribe. Pat mentioned is as part of her conditions of doing the Press & PR work.

Define or better still give a better thought out focus, than improving the area in which you live, for all that live & work there. Small improvements can have a big impact on those, you & others are asking to be elected on.

I have never seen any party not to claim they wanted to improve things. Why would/should I vote for an individual or a single issue party saying just more of the same?

classic33

Leg End Member
It wouldn't be a "single issue party". If through what you are proposing you attack a single issue, then there's every chance you'd get voted in, if that single issue was making headlines at the time. I've seen it happen.
The Cyclist Party could, if formed & registered, could by its very existence make the major parties wonder why they never got past the thinking about it stage. One local councillor has followed my lead when it comes to local issues at election time & has been pulled up over them, causing an apology to be issued, or have his nomination voided. My choice, legally.
Its one reason why I said start at a local level, because those who live locally are more likely to be aware of the problems than someone who "moves" into the area soley for the election. A large number of people standing in the local elections, with the same purpose is what is done by the major parties. Only they're seeking to represent their interests & not yours.

@Marmion, have you thought of standing yourself as an independent, as oppossed to not voting. If not can I ask why, after all you have little to lose.

Top Bottom