Autumn is here, time to get the longs out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Gilet? I've never figured out why you'd want cold arms.

Reactions: C R

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A “ Proper “ cyclist has both a Gilet, and a Gillette. One for wearing on the bike, the other for shaving their legs. 😉

My legs 'shaved' themselves! I don't know if was due to old age, illness, medication, or genetics, but I looked down one day and they were practically bald.

1663841159758.png

:whistle:

ColinJ

I've just switched the heating on !:crazy:

I often switch mine on around the start of September but have put it off this year. It has been 14-16 C in this room for the past few days but that isn't too bad with extra clothing on and a blanket draped over my legs.

Alex321

Veteran
I often switch mine on around the start of September but have put it off this year. It has been 14-16 C in this room for the past few days but that isn't too bad with extra clothing on and a blanket draped over my legs.

I'm still in a T-shirt at the moment, though I think it will probably only be a week or two before switching to long sleeves for home & office.

We rarely switch on the heating before mid October.

ColinJ

I'm still in a T-shirt at the moment, though I think it will probably only be a week or two before switching to long sleeves for home & office.

We rarely switch on the heating before mid October.
This 145 year old house is not well insulated. There is a draughty cellar (which gets damp if I block off the airbricks) under this room. The room would get down to near freezing on cold days without the CH, and got to about 30 C at times this summer even with doors and windows open.

Also... :whistle:

5'9", weight bounces around between 13.5 and 14 stone, but I'm happy with that - I was 16 stone 1 before re-starting cycling at the beginning of the pandemic, and I hadn't been below 15 stone for at least 20 years.
So you are better insulated than me (6' 1" and just under 13 stone)! :laugh:

When I was 16+ stone I didn't feel the cold much either... (and got frazzled on hot summer days).

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Here’s another perspective…

About 6 weeks ago, I was in Asia. Temperatures touching 40c and the height of the wet monsoon. Horrid sticky conditions. Sweat rash all over the body. Strange creepy crawlies, trouble sleeping at night as it didn’t get below 30c. Frequent electricity blackouts. Repeated stomach upset from the water/food or both.

A North European Autumn, by comparison, is a delight.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

It got a bit chilly downstairs yesterday afternoon and daughter mentioned she was a bit cold. Only ran it for two hours, but the the upstairs was boiling hot all night ! It's not going on today. I'm sat in my chilly conservatory today.

Top Bottom