Autumn is here, time to get the longs out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here’s another perspective…

About 6 weeks ago, I was in Asia. Temperatures touching 40c and the height of the wet monsoon. Horrid sticky conditions. Sweat rash all over the body. Strange creepy crawlies, trouble sleeping at night as it didn’t get below 30c. Frequent electricity blackouts. Repeated stomach upset from the water/food or both.

A North European Autumn, by comparison, is a delight.

Isn't Blighty lovely? Welcome home old chap!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I've just switched the heating on !:crazy:

Why? It is only the first day of Autumn, Winter is still 3 months away.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
New Sinner Dry-s gloves purchased along with a pr of merino glove liners purchased today so that's my hands ready.

IMG_20221009_185855596.jpg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Isn't it strange? With every new season, I think I must buy new cycling clothes and then I look into my drawers and see that I already have all I need. Even my wife says I have more cycling clothes than every day clothing. :laugh:
I shall resist the temptation this time and stick to what I have ...................................................so far. :whistle:

Slick

Guru
Isn't it strange? With every new season, I think I must buy new cycling clothes and then I look into my drawers and see that I already have all I need. Even my wife says I have more cycling clothes than every day clothing. :laugh:
I shall resist the temptation this time and stick to what I have ...................................................so far. :whistle:

Funny you say that, as I dropped Mrs Slick off at the shops this morning and I went to a couple of bike shops for a sniff around. She asked me what I was looking for, and all I could think of was something I haven't already got. I came back empty handed. :whistle:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Ah well, to misquote Michael Jackson, it's getting to that time of year when we say,"farewell, my summer glove".

Jameshow

Veteran
They are very good, offering a lot of protection against wind chill for a low increase in bulk. Very easy to take off and stuff in a pocket if conditions improve. I wear long sleeves and/or arm warmers as well on colder days.

Any particular one recommended?

Jameshow

Veteran
Tights and thermal too for me coming over the col du oxenhope!

Waterproof jacket in back pocket too just in case it started to snow!🤣🤣🤣

CXRAndy

Guru
Indoors 99% of the year. Did a local 40 mile off road event last weekend. That was my first proper outdoor ride in 3 years.

Zwifting now till spring. So convenient.

Me and the Mrs will do local shopping on the ebikes, but only 4 miles.

Top Bottom