Autumn is here, time to get the longs out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Longs...Sunblock pah !
You can tell the majority are southern softies....

At least us southern softies get all the nice weather unlike you norvern muppets.

About 11degs when I left home for my commute this morning at 7.30am. Still short sleeve and shorts weather at the moment.
Warmer this afternoon.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I dug out the gilet and arm warmers yesterday morning. It will soon be knee warmer weather, but a bit off longs yet for me.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I never wear anything else. For some reason, I don't like showing my legs. :laugh:

My problem with shorts is having to layer on that awful gloopy sunblock. I'd happily wear longs all year round if it wasn't for the heat.

Having had a melanoma removed last year, and knowing that I was very lucky that it hadn't spread, I am not a fan of shorts, or sun exposure in general.
The face and arms get factor 50 treatment, but for the legs it's just much easier to cover them. Heat not really being an issue on the costa Clyde. :rolleyes:

Alex321

Veteran
Same here. (And I think we're mainly a UK forum - with foreign correspondents warmly embraced, of course!)

This morning was a touch chilly even with the arm warmers - it was 7C according to my Wahoo.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A tad above 10° at 7.30am this morning. Getting close to putting the windcheater on for the journey.
I wear my gilet on any ride when temperatures are likely to be below 20 C and often start warmer rides wearing it, then unzip or remove it later.

I get a sweat on doing some of the 20 minute climbs round here and then descend at 60-90 kph, which can create a lot of wind chill even on a warm day.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wear my gilet on any ride when temperatures are likely to be below 20 C and often start warmer rides wearing it, then unzip or remove it later.

I get a sweat on doing some of the 20 minute climbs round here and then descend at 60-90 kph, which can create a lot of wind chill even on a warm day.

Takes me a bout 10 mins to get warmed up, especially as I have a few hills to contend with also.
And this afternoon here in London, blazing, warm sunshine. :wacko:

Alex321

Veteran

I don't actually possess a gilet!

I just wear my long sleeved jersey when it is that cold, occasionally with arm warmers underneath.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't actually possess a gilet!

I just wear my long sleeved jersey when it is that cold, occasionally with arm warmers underneath.
They are very good, offering a lot of protection against wind chill for a low increase in bulk. Very easy to take off and stuff in a pocket if conditions improve. I wear long sleeves and/or arm warmers as well on colder days.

Top Bottom