Autumn is here, time to get the longs out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I set off for work at 4.30am and finish at 11am. My ride home can be totally different to my ride to work. I went into arm and leg warmers and long finger gloves last week. Its that dodgy part of the year when you can set off all wrapped up and fifteen minutes later be ripping it all off. I always carry extra gear as its a 20km commute.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Shorts today but windproof up top.

Venod

Eh up
Three quarter bibs on the last two rides, last Fridays Northerly was chilly at 9 am, not as cool today but glad I put them on, shorts may return later this week.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I set off for work at 4.30am and finish at 11am. My ride home can be totally different to my ride to work. I went into arm and leg warmers and long finger gloves last week. Its that dodgy part of the year when you can set off all wrapped up and fifteen minutes later be ripping it all off. I always carry extra gear as its a 20km commute.

indeed i set off a similar time and come home about 3 pm , lates i go in 1.45 pm and it can be 1.30 am sometimes when i get home and the difference in weather means i have to cart extras one way

Slick

Guru
At the risk of turning this into a I don't have a TV thread, I honestly believe its an attitude thing, as anyone who works outdoors all year will probably tell you. I don't anymore, but to help me get through the year, I only had 2 seasons, winter and summer. Winter started with me having 2 weeks holiday in Teneriefe at Christmas time and summer started Mid-march when the last of the snow melted. Worked a treat, as I hated winter, and still do.

The last few rides have been comfortable in knee warmers. I'll stick with them until the whole ride stays below 10deg.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not worn shorts/short-sleeves at all, for about 3 years

Phew. Isn't that a bit sweaty in the hot weather?

I don't wear short sleeves - since I discovered lightweight white arm-warmer type thingies (forget what they are called) to keep the sun off. So in summer I wear those with a short-sleeved jersey. Arms are covered.

My problem with shorts is having to layer on that awful gloopy sunblock. I'd happily wear longs all year round if it wasn't for the heat.

Top Bottom