Autumn is here, time to get the longs out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quite a dramatic change in the weather. 2wks ago i was putting on sun cream before heading out and today i was putting on 3/4 bibs and a long sleeve jersey….. still it was OK in the sun shine although the wind was pretty cool.

Will likely find some snow next weekend as we have a few days in the alps although nothing above 1600m so we should be OK, will need some warmer gear for up top though.

Time to put the short bibs and short sleeves away for another season…

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have worn my Ron Hill Tracksters a couple of times on rides this week and it is only 125 m above sea level here in the valley!

Alex321

Veteran
In the UIK, it is a few weeks away from that yet for me. I have started wearing arm warmers for the morning commute at 7::00 AM though. Don't need them for the homeward trip at 4:30PM, or for any of my after work or weekend rides.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Yes the commutes are quite different. Leaving at 7am it’s around 8-9 ° where the route home around 7pm can be more like 15° ie some flexibility in the clothes is certainly needed

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Temperature here is very variable. Friday was hot and sunny so shorts but Sunday very different and bikesters were needed. Earlier last week I had nearly winter gear on and full finger gloves.
Shorts not totally away but I doubt I will be needing them any more this year.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I can‘t find my longs 😮

C R

Guru
Technically autumn starts after the autumn equinox, so this year the first day of autumn will be on the 24th of October*. Yesterday was my last summer ride, and definitely this summer seems to be finishing on a cold note.

*For statistical convenience, the UK met office redefined the seasons to start at the beginning of the month which contains the astronomical event. This ends being rather silly, as the astronomical events happen towards the end of the month, but the whole of the month is counted in the following season.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Late shift commute home after midnight it's been about 7 c according to weather websites so a bit chilly, tomorrow morning on early shift out the door at 4.20 am

Top Bottom