Babies, where do they come from?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gary Askwith said:
At first I thought Arch was pondering the magical mysteries of where babies whole personality, charachter and inner existance actualy come from...
I was going to agree and confer the opinion that the biological facts or even intricate biochemical knowledge of the whole process give us only a very superfical answer to that question

I ponder stuff like this myself gazing into our babies 6 month old eyes :blush:

You can see a picture of him Arch in my photo gallery pictures of my bikes...hope it does not make you too broody-he's responsible for too much of that among the sisters-in-law already :smile:;)

I know what you mean about the characters and stuff. The looks Oli gives you sometimes, you know he must be thinking very hard, but you have no idea what about...

How do I see your gallery?

I'll swap you one 6 month old for another... Seen here modelling his latest knitwear. Yes, I know, it's cruel. But not as cruel as when I was too busy videoing him to stop him falling over - he's not quite got sitting up licked yet...:smile:

oli_in_tanktop.jpg

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Arch said:
I know what you mean about the characters and stuff. The looks Oli gives you sometimes, you know he must be thinking very hard, but you have no idea what about...

How do I see your gallery?

I'll swap you one 6 month old for another... Seen here modelling his latest knitwear. Yes, I know, it's cruel. But not as cruel as when I was too busy videoing him to stop him falling over - he's not quite got sitting up licked yet...;)

oli_in_tanktop.jpg

He's cute-:blush: big blue eyes looks just like James..who's growing out of his knitted jumpers cos hes a big un
My gallery in in the photo gallery of cycle chat!
just click on cycle chat-photo gallery-gaz babies

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gary Askwith said:
He's cute-:biggrin: big blue eyes looks just like James..who's growing out of his knitted jumpers cos hes a big un
My gallery in in the photo gallery of cycle chat!
just click on cycle chat-photo gallery-gaz babies

Got ya!

Oh yes, he's cute, even with his dinner all round his chops like that! When I last saw Oli, when I took that pic, a couple of weeks ago, he had a cold, so we had dribble, dinner and snot, all at once sometimes...

Arch said:
Got ya!

Oh yes, he's cute, even with his dinner all round his chops like that! When I last saw Oli, when I took that pic, a couple of weeks ago, he had a cold, so we had dribble, dinner and snot, all at once sometimes...

But now, thanks to Photoshop, all are removed, he has a full head of hair and is six feet tall. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
But now, thanks to Photoshop, all are removed, he has a full head of hair and is six feet tall. :biggrin:

not quite.....

Here I am, being a cruel Aunty (I'm the only one he has, so I have to be the nice Aunty and the cruel Aunty all at once), and videoing him as the inevitable happens. His mum laughed her head off!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/SueArcher/?action=view&current=oli5.flv

Apologies for my commentary, I forget the camera has sound...

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Arch said:
not quite.....

Here I am, being a cruel Aunty (I'm the only one he has, so I have to be the nice Aunty and the cruel Aunty all at once), and videoing him as the inevitable happens. His mum laughed her head off!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/SueArcher/?action=view&current=oli5.flv

Apologies for my commentary, I forget the camera has sound...

Just a year ago I would not have given something like that a second glance( our young 'un was completly unplanned) but i see that now and i have a lump in my throat :biggrin:

The innocence of babes can break your heart...i know it some kind of genetic bewitchment/hypnotism but that knowledge does not make it any less irresistable
Anyone whos had one will know exactly what i mean :tongue::biggrin:

Thanks Arch

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gary Askwith said:
Just a year ago I would not have given something like that a second glance( our young 'un was completly unplanned) but i see that now and i have a lump in my throat :biggrin:

The innocence of babes can break your heart...i know it some kind of genetic bewitchment/hypnotism but that knowledge does not make it any less irresistable
Anyone whos had one will know exactly what i mean :tongue::biggrin:

Thanks Arch

I videoed him burbling away another time, and then showed him the video n the screen of my camera. He was fascinated. I suppose HE knew what he was saying!

It's only since I've had Oli to relate to and watch develop (I've been lucky enough to see him about 5 times in 6 months) that I've fully appreciated the process - seeing each little acheivement and stage. Next thing, he'll be sitting up on his own, and then getting about (he can make the moves to crawl now, but isn't strong enough to get his tummy off the floor, so the most that happens is he pivots round in a circle). What I'm really longing for of course, is the time he sees me and recognises me as someone he knows, as opposed to just accepting me after a while as someone who's ok to be with.

Oh dear. This is a very silly time to get broody.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
BTW, you can see my Mum's feet and her notes for her next essay behind Oli. Oh what fun it was to reach out and try to pull all her bookmarks out....:biggrin:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Grandchild number 6 is due at the end of the month!
My ex and I had 3 lovely daughters and she did not want a fourth as she heard that 1 in 4 children in tyhe world are Chinese and she did not want a Chinese baby.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Arch said:
I videoed him burbling away another time, and then showed him the video n the screen of my camera. He was fascinated. I suppose HE knew what he was saying!

It's only since I've had Oli to relate to and watch develop (I've been lucky enough to see him about 5 times in 6 months) that I've fully appreciated the process - seeing each little acheivement and stage. Next thing, he'll be sitting up on his own, and then getting about (he can make the moves to crawl now, but isn't strong enough to get his tummy off the floor, so the most that happens is he pivots round in a circle). What I'm really longing for of course, is the time he sees me and recognises me as someone he knows, as opposed to just accepting me after a while as someone who's ok to be with.

Oh dear. This is a very silly time to get broody.

Get a grip woman
at the risk of reducing you to a gibbering wreck...young james smiles all the time, old biddys in the shops go ga-ga when he smiles at them, he's obsessed with beer...every time i sup a bottle or glass home or pub he wants it-not bothered with water juice, possibly because i have been slyly giving him a tiny sip when his ma goes out the room:tongue:...now hes got the taste....:tongue:
when hes excited at something new his legs go 19 to the dozen and he pants, he notices everything-cant sneak off and leave him watching Basil brush anymore :biggrin:
blows bubbles and 'sings' constantly-has a mad 1/2 hour after a good feed
Loves getting his hands on the cat-almost pulls clumps of fur out in excitement
only cries when hes tired, sleeps all night-we are blessed
Gives stares and frowns at people he doesn't like-esp men in pubs with beards- they squirm uncomfortably :biggrin:

Giggles uncontrollably when I play peek-a-boo from behind a door or newspaper-esp if i do my 'monster hands' pretend grab

Give me the biggest smiles when I leave in the morning and when i return in the evening:thumbsup:

Gary Askwith said:
Get a grip woman
old biddys in the shops go ga-ga when he smiles at them,
he's obsessed with beer...hes got the taste....:sad:
Loves getting his hands on the cat-almost pulls clumps of fur out in excitement
Gives stares and frowns at people he doesn't like-esp men in pubs with beards- they squirm uncomfortably :sad:

Is this Chuffy you're describing?

Top Bottom