bad muscle damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a friend who has done a lot of damage to his thigh/hip muscles after a nasty fall on xmas day. Physio and rest is slowly restoring movement, but very slowly.

1. Any ideas for additional physical treatments - massage/creams etc.
2. Do 'repair foods' help with serious damage? What's best?

Thanks for any ideas.

OP
OP
johnr

johnr

Über Member
I have a friend who has done a lot of damage to his thigh/hip muscles after a nasty fall on xmas day. Physio and rest is slowly restoring movement, but very slowly.

1. Any ideas for additional physical treatments - massage/creams etc.
2. Do 'repair foods' help with serious damage? What's best?

Thanks for any ideas.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It would be tricky to help without more info as could cause more harm - though the obvious ones would be rest for repair and eating well - plenty of protein and healthy fats in the diet.

Sounds like a nasty fall - hope he gets better soon

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It would be tricky to help without more info as could cause more harm - though the obvious ones would be rest for repair and eating well - plenty of protein and healthy fats in the diet.

Sounds like a nasty fall - hope he gets better soon

montage

God Almighty
Chris Hoy was out of competition for 9 months with a seriously bruised hip - so the injury must be pretty dabilitating. You/he could always google into what Hoy was doing, other than that, I would be asking your physio. I would imagine swimming could be a good possibility - not a huge motion of hip movement and it isn't weight bearing, but of course, talk to the physio.

montage

God Almighty
Chris Hoy was out of competition for 9 months with a seriously bruised hip - so the injury must be pretty dabilitating. You/he could always google into what Hoy was doing, other than that, I would be asking your physio. I would imagine swimming could be a good possibility - not a huge motion of hip movement and it isn't weight bearing, but of course, talk to the physio.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
RICE - rest ,ice, compression, elevation. All v tricky with a hip injury. Human body's repair mechanisms all run on water. Staying hydrated whilst injured can make a huge difference to recovery time.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
RICE - rest ,ice, compression, elevation. All v tricky with a hip injury. Human body's repair mechanisms all run on water. Staying hydrated whilst injured can make a huge difference to recovery time.

OP
OP
johnr

johnr

Über Member
GregCollins said:

I'll see if Aldi have got any of their compression underwear left - make a nice present.

The physio is being fairly imprecise at the moment because of the extent of the damage.

OP
OP
johnr

johnr

Über Member
GregCollins said:

I'll see if Aldi have got any of their compression underwear left - make a nice present.

The physio is being fairly imprecise at the moment because of the extent of the damage.

Top Bottom