baggy cycle shorts with a bib

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil-b

Über Member
I have found a few very expensive examples in very gaudy race colours.
As a man in my 40's me in lycra is not a pretty sight and I'm not a racer so I would prefer a more baggy design pair of shorts with a few useable pockets (ie not the ones next to your groin). but a bib will keep them in place without the need for an uncomfortable belt or the risk of builders bum. I am surprised this type of short is not more popular. Can anyone point me in the direction of some that will be more suitable

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ordinary braces will do the trick and are cheap.

screenman

Legendary Member
This 60 year old body still looks fine in Lycra, why does yours not? Back pockets in the tops are for odds and sods.

Be proud, cycling was invented for Lycra.

OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
This 60 year old body still looks fine in Lycra, why does yours not? Back pockets in the tops are for odds and sods.

Be proud, cycling was invented for Lycra.
Beer belly :cheers:

well I am hoping this summer to do some relaxed sight seeing type riding. Lycra is ok as long as you are on a bike but as soon as you step off and have a wonder round it is not so great.

screenman

Legendary Member
Beer belly :cheers:

well I am hoping this summer to do some relaxed sight seeing type riding. Lycra is ok as long as you are on a bike but as soon as you step off and have a wonder round it is not so great.

Pair of light shorts rolled up in the back pocket to slip on when you may want a different look.

OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
Pair of light shorts rolled up in the back pocket to slip on when you may want a different look.

Yes this may be a good alternative

Profpointy

Legendary Member
something
I have found a few very expensive examples in very gaudy race colours.
As a man in my 40's me in lycra is not a pretty sight and I'm not a racer so I would prefer a more baggy design pair of shorts with a few useable pockets (ie not the ones next to your groin). but a bib will keep them in place without the need for an uncomfortable belt or the risk of builders bum. I am surprised this type of short is not more popular. Can anyone point me in the direction of some that will be more suitable

here's some on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oktoberfe...3a0a4f&pid=100338&rk=6&rkt=29&sd=171959940967

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Do you actually have a problem with belts or builders bum, or do you just think that you might? If the latter give them a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I wear Endura hummvees which have handy pockets, are practical and comfortable, and have never given me belt or builders bum problems.*

Other kinds of shorts with pockets I've worn are DHB Narvro(?) which are a bit more lightweight, and some other Endura ones whose name I forget.

But ... Is this really the season for buying shorts?

*That I know of. It's possible that I have unknowingly been displaying a constructor's cleavage, I suppose.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Do you actually have a problem with belts or builders bum, or do you just think that you might? If the latter give them a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I wear Endura hummvees which have handy pockets, are practical and comfortable, and have never given me belt or builders bum problems.*

Other kinds of shorts with pockets I've worn are DHB Narvro(?) which are a bit more lightweight, and some other Endura ones whose name I forget.

But ... Is this really the season for buying shorts?

*That I know of. It's possible that I have unknowingly been displaying a constructor's cleavage, I suppose.
I'm also looking at Humvees, do you have the shorts or 3/4? Mostly for riding the Brommie.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Dungaree%20light%20brownLARGE.jpg

Attachments

• Dungaree%20light%20brownLARGE.jpg
    Dungaree%20light%20brownLARGE.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 46

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I still wear Lycra even though I'm 59 and of a slightly fuller figure. I have some baggy Tenn shorts I have worn the MTB. GF has banned from calling in at her office in Lycra as she says the girls don't know where to look, so I have to wear baggies. I then wear them over bibbed longs or shorts.

Top Bottom